Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
meganmi
advanced

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by meganmi »

Escope12 wrote:
RandomTBush wrote:Already got 'em myself, Zombieali2000, but thanks anyway. Hopefully I'll have some time later this month to get those working properly, since they changed the formats up yet again (for what may apparently the last time, if that Unity rumor is true?). Likewise for the texture formats that meganmi posted. Heck, I should look into revising all of my texture scripts in general, since I never implemented mipmap support and such.
I wonder why they always change the format for their games? Don’t they sue the same engine?
*New iterations of the same engine.
Escope12
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Escope12 »

meganmi wrote:
Escope12 wrote:
RandomTBush wrote:Already got 'em myself, Zombieali2000, but thanks anyway. Hopefully I'll have some time later this month to get those working properly, since they changed the formats up yet again (for what may apparently the last time, if that Unity rumor is true?). Likewise for the texture formats that meganmi posted. Heck, I should look into revising all of my texture scripts in general, since I never implemented mipmap support and such.
I wonder why they always change the format for their games? Don’t they sue the same engine?
*New iterations of the same engine.
I didn’t know that. That’s interesting.
fobk
ultra-n00b

Post by fobk »

Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to use the ttarchext cause I cannot figure this thing out.
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

fobk wrote:Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to use the ttarchext cause I cannot figure this thing out.
put ttarchext in the folder where ttarch files are. From command prompt: type ttarchext then press return
you will see all the available commands
every supported game , has a id number, for example: TWD season 2 is 55
so write: ttarchext -m (this is the parameter to extract all) 55 (is the id of twd season2) then write the name of the ttarch file for example WD4_pc_WalkingDead401_data.ttarch2 then write where you want them extracted, example c:\twd ( before you have to create the twd directory in c:) then press return.
so: the syntax will be this: ttarchext -m 55 WD4_pc_WalkingDead401_data.ttarch2 c:\twd

Hope this will help you.
fobk
ultra-n00b

Post by fobk »

fil1969 wrote:
fobk wrote:Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to use the ttarchext cause I cannot figure this thing out.
put ttarchext in the folder where ttarch files are. From command prompt: type ttarchext then press return
so write: ttarchext -m (this is the parameter to extract all) 55 (is the id of twd season2) then write the name of the ttarch file for example WD4_pc_WalkingDead401_data.ttarch2 then write where you want them extracted, example c:\twd ( before you have to create the twd directory in c:) then press return.
so: the syntax will be this: ttarchext -m 55 WD4_pc_WalkingDead401_data.ttarch2 c:\twd

Hope this will help you.
I'm actually stuck at the first part, when I try to open ttarchext the command window opens for a second then immediately closes.
Tydeus
veteran

Post by Tydeus »

fobk wrote:I'm actually stuck at the first part, when I try to open ttarchext the command window opens for a second then immediately closes.
You can either Start > run > cmd and drag and drop ttarchext into it. Or you can create a batch file within the ttarchext folder.

Open notepad and type the following:
@echo off
mkdir "1"
for %%i in (*.ttarch2) DO ttarchext.exe -m 55 "%%i" "TWD"

save as anything, for this one I just named it Batch - TWD2 but you need to end it with .bat

Then you can just click that and it'll do the work for you.

Not sure if thats the right way to do it but it works fine for me.
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

fobk wrote:
fil1969 wrote:

Hope this will help you.
I'm actually stuck at the first part, when I try to open ttarchext the command window opens for a second then immediately closes.
you don't have directly double click on ttarchext, but open it from command prompt
fobk
ultra-n00b

Post by fobk »

Tydeus wrote:
fobk wrote:I'm actually stuck at the first part, when I try to open ttarchext the command window opens for a second then immediately closes.
You can either Start > run > cmd and drag and drop ttarchext into it. Or you can create a batch file within the ttarchext folder.

Open notepad and type the following:
@echo off
mkdir "1"
for %%i in (*.ttarch2) DO ttarchext.exe -m 55 "%%i" "TWD"

save as anything, for this one I just named it Batch - TWD2 but you need to end it with .bat

Then you can just click that and it'll do the work for you.

Not sure if thats the right way to do it but it works fine for me.
It worked for me, thank you.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Well, uh... This has certainly gotten awkward.

I guess I'll pick up work on this again after the second and final episode of TWD releases. If something's gonna get finished, it might as well be my script set.
meganmi
advanced

Post by meganmi »

RandomTBush wrote:Well, uh... This has certainly gotten awkward.

I guess I'll pick up work on this again after the second and final episode of TWD releases. If something's gonna get finished, it might as well be my script set.
It sucks that the series is going that way, still looking forward to the update RTB. :keke:
Escope12
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Escope12 »

I wonder if it’ll include The Walking Dead: Collection?
meganmi
advanced

Post by meganmi »

Escope12 wrote:

That already works with the Batman: The Enemy Within script
Escope12
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Escope12 »

meganmi wrote:
Escope12 wrote:

That already works with the Batman: The Enemy Within script
Speaking of, I hate to ask this but does anyone have these assets for The Walking Dead: Collection and are they extracted?
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Welp, just discovered something I should have realized a long time ago while looking at the models from the TWD final season demo -- there is a version number in the same location in the header I could've used all along! So I went back to check the rest, and here's a list of all the ones I've got currently (all PC unless stated otherwise). This also explains why I was able to group a few of the games together:

Code: Select all

"NIBM" (a.k.a. "Version 0"):
Bone: Out from Boneville / The Great Cow Race
CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder / Hard Evidence
Sam & Max: Save the World / Beyond Time and Space
Telltale Texas Hold'em

"ERTM" (a.k.a. "Version 0.5"):
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures

Version 1:
Back to the Future: The Game
CSI: Deadly Intent / Fatal Conspiracy
Poker Night at the Inventory
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
Tales of Monkey Island

Version 2:
Jurassic Park: The Game
Law & Order: Legacies

Version 5: The Walking Dead: Season 1

Version 12: Poker Night 2

Version 13: The Wolf Among Us

Version 14:
The Walking Dead: Season 1 [PS4]
The Walking Dead: Season 2

Version 17:
Back to the Future: The Game (30th Anniversary) [360 / PS4]
Game of Thrones
Tales from the Borderlands [PC / 360]

Version 18: Minecraft: Story Mode

Version 25: The Walking Dead: Michonne

Version 33: Batman: The Telltale Series [PS4, earlier PC???]

Version 36: Batman: The Telltale Series

Version 37:
Minecraft: Story Mode [Switch]
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

Version 42: Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series

Version 45:
Batman: The Enemy Within
Minecraft: Story Mode – Season Two

Version 46: The Walking Dead Collection [PS4]

Version 55: The Walking Dead: The Final Season
Man, I'm gonna need a bigger hard drive if I plan on checking every other version in existence. But this also explains why the other Batman models I was sent earlier weren't compatible -- they were of an earlier version compared to what I had (33 instead of 36). And naturally, all of the games I've been unable to figure out are all "Version 1". Go figure. On the bright side, this means I can actually make the next script update autodetect the formats!
Last edited by RandomTBush on Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Escope12
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Escope12 »