Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Monster Hunter World Textures

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Atheos
n00b

Monster Hunter World Textures

Post by Atheos »

Looking for some help on converting these textures. Never done anything like it before. Any insight, tools, methods, etc are very welcome!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hbxv3ashe ... MHWTex.rar
akderebur
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Monster Hunter World Textures

Post by akderebur »

Looks like standard block compression. Using daemon1's tool : viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16461

Btw try asking questions related to textures in the "Graphic file formats" section. I think it would be better suited there.
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

Here's a Noesis script to convert the sample images you uploaded:
tex_MonsterHunterWorld_TEX.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
Atheos
n00b

Post by Atheos »

Bigchillghost wrote:Here's a Noesis script to convert the sample images you uploaded:
tex_MonsterHunterWorld_TEX.rar

Do you know why some textures would come out oblong in the preview or low res? They still seem to match up to the UV's because they are just stretched but they seem low res. Here are some examples.

Edit: I should clarify that I wasn't only intending to rip the posted ones above. The main goal is ripping all of them and creating a directory for future rippers.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/72y3xtwjf ... amples.rar
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

Atheos wrote: Do you know why some textures would come out oblong in the preview or low res? They still seem to match up to the UV's because they are just stretched but they seem low res.
They're not low res. That's how they were.
Atheos wrote: The main goal is ripping all of them
Otherwise why would I write you a script?
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)
Atheos
n00b

Post by Atheos »

Bigchillghost wrote:
Atheos wrote: Do you know why some textures would come out oblong in the preview or low res? They still seem to match up to the UV's because they are just stretched but they seem low res.
They're not low res. That's how they were.
Atheos wrote: The main goal is ripping all of them
Otherwise why would I write you a script?
Yeah after testing other things I realize that. There were just a few completely corrupt textures. Some normals with massive chunks missing that when ninja ripped were completely fine. So I'm guessing there is an issue with the way the script works. Same thing with using Raw texture cooker. It's only with a few textures but both your script and RTC do it to them so I'm not sure what the issue is doing it these ways VS NinjaRipper or Intel GPA working. Hope I wrote that in a way that makes sense and I greatly appreciate the script you wrote as its by far the best option.

[Edit] As for the lowres thing I had assumed the game had HD textures but I forgot it's a direct console port.
Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost »

Atheos wrote:There were just a few completely corrupt textures. Some normals with massive chunks missing that when ninja ripped were completely fine. So I'm guessing there is an issue with the way the script works.
There's only one such image in the sample files you uploaded.
Edit:
Checked that file but the issue has nothing to do with the script. The blank area is the result from the null bytes of the file in the middle.
pox911
beginner

Post by pox911 »

Yeah, it seems to be an issue with the current chunk tool floating around. There are quite a few normal maps that have those null chunks in the middle. I'm hoping the next revision of the tool fixes it.