Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Beyond: Two Souls - Reversing | Porting (THAT'S ALL FOLKS?)

Programs that are related to this or that game.
U+0300l
ultra-n00b

Re: Beyond: Two Souls - Reversing | Porting (THAT'S ALL FOLK

Post by U+0300l »

HugoPeters wrote: You know what is selfish? If QD asked me to stop porting and I kept the assets up.
That would be just plain ignorance and violation of copyright, but:
1. I'm not talking about in-game assets
2. They didn't asked you.
HugoPeters wrote: You know what else is selfish? Venting to someone who decided to cancel their own project which means that you can't have it for your own benefit.
You mean for public benefit? Cuz no, again, your way of thinking is selfish. You just prove that all of this was made for a showcase, for your personal gain, not for people. Thank god Linus Torvalds didn't thinked like that, I mean, this guy gave up so many times in the past, if he decided to scrap everything, we wouldn't have Linux today.
HugoPeters wrote: no one has the source or builds of it (except some people close to me, but those are deeply obfuscated
What was the point of obfuscating it. Was not it mean to be public? C# is easy to decompile and deobfuscate anyway.

Looks like all of it was just a showcase for your own benefit. I was so hyped up in the recent months, I just hope that nobody gave you any donations, because they would be even more pissed off that I am now. And with that, I'm done in this topic.
Loomy
advanced

Post by Loomy »

Its truly amazing what Hugo & comrades pulled off, sad im so late to the party, but my sincere thx Hugo for leaving some crumbs behind ^^ scattered about, and YT stuff. What hurts though is all the input & contributions by others that in a sense were lost to the world,or at least anyone outside the circle, alot of it could be used and is even needed for a good couple other games, both current future. Id like to think QD wouldnt mind casual & private poking about, within reason. asset extraction while not impossible was always doomed from the start being A-List actors, and livemocap, its more than just their likeness, at least in public. Still, even today, B2S was then & still has some the highest visual fidelity out there on the PS3, while HR not so much, it was still groundbreaking in other aspects. for aspiring devs & casual hobbyists with too much free time such as I, it makes for a great case study. Also now that Ps4 versions out, and as time goes on, discussion & research on the topic will hopefully be less of a threat to their bottom line.
AnonBaiter
veteran

Post by AnonBaiter »

HugoPeters, just what exactly was your intention on working with this one? Couldn't you have just researched the files and be done with it?
Oh you say you want a PC version? If so, then why didn't you leave the PC porting work to Quantum Dream instead of yourself?
HugoPeters
veteran

Post by HugoPeters »

AnonBaiter wrote:HugoPeters, just what exactly was your intention on working with this one? Couldn't you have just researched the files and be done with it?
Oh you say you want a PC version? If so, then why didn't you leave the PC porting work to Quantum Dream instead of yourself?
Not sure what you're trying to say here, QD was never going to make a PC version

"I'm going to throw my shit at you" —The Great Mighty Poo
_______________________>> check my portfolio I wish the [center] bbcode was turned on
_______________________>> or my twitter
HugoPeters
veteran

Post by HugoPeters »

Hi everyone, I finally got to unveil the thing I've been working on as lead programmer / tech lead for the past few months :D

Please check it out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXBGa5J9VbI

Also if you want to stay updated you can like our FB page! https://www.facebook.com/SoulKnightOfficial

_______________________>> check my portfolio I wish the [center] bbcode was turned on
WRS
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by WRS »

HugoPeters wrote:Hi everyone, I finally got to unveil the thing I've been working on as lead programmer / tech lead for the past few months :D

Also if you want to stay updated you can like our FB page! https://www.facebook.com/SoulKnightOfficial
Hey congratulations! The trailer looks fantastic - what engine are you using?
Useful tool links:
HugoPeters
veteran

Post by HugoPeters »

WRS wrote:
HugoPeters wrote:Hi everyone, I finally got to unveil the thing I've been working on as lead programmer / tech lead for the past few months :D

Hey congratulations! The trailer looks fantastic - what engine are you using?
Thanks a lot, glad you like it :D We're using a slightly modified Unreal Engine 4.

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse »

U+0300l
ultra-n00b

Post by U+0300l »

I've been working on as lead programmer / tech lead for the past few months
It's funny, especially when you stated that you were hired by the QD.

Mods, please lock this thread as the project is dead anyway.
HugoPeters
veteran

Post by HugoPeters »

U+0300l wrote:

Welcome back! :dance:

Must say, interesting to hear that I was working at QD.... DID I LIE??? Actually no I never said that lol. I was offered a position when I was 17, which was made into an internship.
If you actually read my posts you'd know I'm still doing my bachelor game dev... I'm tech lead of the project I'm doing for my university... in my 3rd year atm actually so next year the internship is happening.

Surprise, I'm a mod and this thread is not going to be locked. :lol:

Also stop being so salty I don't own you anything, it was my own project dude
Contrary to your other statement on the top, QD did ask me, nicely I must say, to stop and not release anything - otherwise I wouldn't have stopped... :keke:

Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

Hi, just a friendly reminder. Please keep things civil, no need to become provocative and rude. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Cheers
Click the thanks button if I helped!
haskegasdodaske
ultra-n00b

Post by haskegasdodaske »

HugoPeters wrote:
U+0300l wrote:

Welcome back! :dance:

Must say, interesting to hear that I was working at QD.... DID I LIE??? Actually no I never said that lol. I was offered a position when I was 17, which was made into an internship.
If you actually read my posts you'd know I'm still doing my bachelor game dev... I'm tech lead of the project I'm doing for my university... in my 3rd year atm actually so next year the internship is happening.

Surprise, I'm a mod and this thread is not going to be locked. :lol:

Also stop being so salty I don't own you anything, it was my own project dude
Contrary to your other statement on the top, QD did ask me, nicely I must say, to stop and not release anything - otherwise I wouldn't have stopped... :keke:

FOR MORE YOU CAN SEE THIS LINK They are already ported models to pc
https://crazy31139.deviantart.com/gallery/
HugoPeters
veteran

Post by HugoPeters »

haskegasdodaske wrote: FOR MORE YOU CAN SEE THIS LINK They are already ported models to pc
https://crazy31139.deviantart.com/gallery/

<snip>
Hope you enjoy them I guess! :)
Interesting how everyone is so focused on the models. I wonder why. :P

While I'm here I suppose I can give a little status update on what I'm doing: I now work at Ubisoft, where I'm working on a mix of animation tech, gameplay and AI for a major unrevealed title.
It's super fun, lots of amazing people and I'm learning things every day.
This project was definitely a major factor in getting through the door. :roll:

So for people wondering why I'm not at QD, it honestly was not a good idea as I don't speak French :oops:
And they were kind of like, "yeah you shouldn't come if you don't already live in Paris". Can't wait to play Detroit next month tho!

Unlimitedskills
ultra-n00b

Post by Unlimitedskills »

Beyond two Souls is a very fun game. Like everyone else i was looking to see where all this research led. But alas its dead. I'm starting to notice this HugoPeters doesnt finish the projects he starts. He did the same thing with Star Fox Adventures E3 2002 prototype (looking for dinosaur planet remnants) over at http://jul.rustedlogic.net/thread.php?id=16384&page=0

It started in 2013. 5 years and 40 pages later and god knows how many man hours wasted he creates a tool everyones been waiting for then vanishes without releasing it. Then does the most absurd thing ever. A random guy with a youtube channel pops up out of a cave asking if he can show off his new tool. Hugo shares his tool to this random stranger because of the attention he will bring on youtube.

All the research that kcat and everyone else did,he took all thier knowledge and built a tool to view models/assets from the game. piggy backing off others work. Instead of releasing the tool to all the visitors/fans/dedicated followers who have been following that thread for years a random dude comes along with no interest in the game,never been to rustedlogic and could care less about dinosaur planet and this is the fool Hugo decides to send his tools to for attention? The youtuber was so lost 2 guys kett and kokorogensou had to explain to him what the models represent,what hes looking at,what the game is about etc....Im like dude what are you doing? Like someone else said its like Hugo is doing it for attention. No one wants to see 50 pictures of new models you found. Everyone wants to use the tool themselves and see what they can discover and these are legit dinosaur planet fans who have been studying/researching the game that was never released for god knows how many years. Can't stand to see peoples research go to waste for 1 person's insecurity.
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

Unlimitedskills wrote:Beyond two Souls is a very fun game. Like everyone else i was looking to see where all this research led. But alas its dead. I'm starting to notice this HugoPeters doesnt finish the projects he starts. He did the same thing with Star Fox Adventures E3 2002 prototype (looking for dinosaur planet remnants) over at http://jul.rustedlogic.net/thread.php?id=16384&page=0
If you'd have read the thread you'd know that HugoPeters was asked by the developers to cease work on these tools.
Unlimitedskills wrote: It started in 2013. 5 years and 40 pages later and god knows how many man hours wasted he creates a tool everyones been waiting for then vanishes without releasing it. Then does the most absurd thing ever. A random guy with a youtube channel pops up out of a cave asking if he can show off his new tool. Hugo shares his tool to this random stranger because of the attention he will bring on youtube.
Don't be so entitled, if someone doesn't want to release the tools they wrote they don't have to.
Unlimitedskills wrote: All the research that kcat and everyone else did,he took all thier knowledge and built a tool to view models/assets from the game. piggy backing off others work. Instead of releasing the tool to all the visitors/fans/dedicated followers who have been following that thread for years a random dude comes along with no interest in the game,never been to rustedlogic and could care less about dinosaur planet and this is the fool Hugo decides to send his tools to for attention? The youtuber was so lost 2 guys kett and kokorogensou had to explain to him what the models represent,what hes looking at,what the game is about etc....Im like dude what are you doing? Like someone else said its like Hugo is doing it for attention. No one wants to see 50 pictures of new models you found. Everyone wants to use the tool themselves and see what they can discover and these are legit dinosaur planet fans who have been studying/researching the game that was never released for god knows how many years. Can't stand to see peoples research go to waste for 1 person's insecurity.
Then write your own tools.
Click the thanks button if I helped!