Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

(PC) Mega Man X8 WSX/WPG

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: (PC) Mega Man X8 WSX/WPG

Post by daemon1 »

zheneq wrote:And I didn't know this thing was kind of outdated.
Yes, among dozens of games I researched, this megaman is ONLY one using strips.
zheneq wrote:
daemon1 wrote:Also there are many ways of building a tri-strip.
Really? I know only one.
Another one is instead of "degenerated" triangles, use some kind of "stop flag" to mark the end of strip and start a new one. For example, 0xFFFF. This was actually the method I found here on xentax as an example of tristrip. This way the strip will be shorter.
zheneq
advanced

Post by zheneq »

daemon1 wrote:Another one is instead of "degenerated" triangles, use some kind of "stop flag" to mark the end of strip and start a new one. For example, 0xFFFF. This was actually the method I found here on xentax as an example of tristrip. This way the strip will be shorter.
Thanks! Good to know.

What is really weird with this format is that it stores bone lookup indices in floats. I guess they used vertex color field or something for that purpose...
HorrorTroll
ultra-n00b

Post by HorrorTroll »

Sorry for bump but this is my Nightmare Zero mod, i was use HxD Hex Editor to change color Zero texture on PL_Z_ID_PL_001.wpg, PL_Z_L_ID_PL_001.wpg, PL_Z_WEP_ID_PL_001!

I give a download link on attachment, so you guy can test that! I was mod on Japan PC version, unknown English PC version can work or not!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sahailaway
ultra-n00b

Post by sahailaway »

________
Last edited by sahailaway on Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanabey
ultra-n00b

Post by Wanabey »

Hi, I know that its been so long of this topic but I want to know how to reconvert the model to wsx / texture to wpg again?
lucasfera15
ultra-n00b

Post by lucasfera15 »

sahailaway wrote:daemon1 was kinda right:
scrips are not enough to fix the models, On architecture/render animation stuff we are kinda accustomed to deal with those problems due the engines compability.
So using 3d design programs is possible fix the models:

Also is possible Rip the models from the other games like rockman x7:
And after a while fixing (scales, nodes, faces, orientations.. etc etc ) this is the clean model of the glide armor

How do you rip the Booster forest stage?I have the game files and noesis,i have extracted many models,rigged characters,weapons etc,but i cant find a complete stage like booster forest,noahs park,i have only ripped SOME PARTS of gravity antonion stage...how do you get/find this model?
kinlyki
advanced

Post by kinlyki »

sahailaway wrote:daemon1 was kinda right:
scrips are not enough to fix the models, On architecture/render animation stuff we are kinda accustomed to deal with those problems due the engines compability.
So using 3d design programs is possible fix the models:
Also is possible Rip the models from the other games like rockman x7:
And after a while fixing (scales, nodes, faces, orientations.. etc etc ) this is the clean model of the glide armor

Could you rip Zero's and Axl's weapons from X7? I wanna see how they differ. But mostly, I want the V-Hangar.
Hyago
ultra-n00b

Post by Hyago »

zheneq wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:59 pm I actually wrote a Noesis plugin for wsx/wpg a while ago. It's a bit of a mess but should be working fine.
https://github.com/Zheneq/Noesis-Plugins
It's amazing what you have done. To be able to easily view rigged models, textures and animations on Noesis is superb.
The best part is we can easily export those assets in a game engine.
If I knew about this some time ago, I'd create this demo using this assets instead.
Thanks for the plugins!