Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
takiyaGenji
ultra-n00b

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by takiyaGenji »

can help should use which format dds minecraft story mode season 2

thanks
Kaizo
ultra-n00b

Post by Kaizo »

Wait. You got the entire skin? when i put skM1_jesse201_clothesA.d3dtx through the program I only got a 64x64 image with 1 line https://imgur.com/a/LSVuX
Kaizo
ultra-n00b

Post by Kaizo »

Can anyone assist on the single line issue? I saw a post a few pages back that the creator had updated the script. So I tried that one but I get the same result.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Oh hey, turns out that the PlayStation 4 version of Back to the Future: The Game (30th Anniversary Edition) actually has models that can be properly read (compared to the 360 version's which were practically impossible to figure out the rigging for), and are using almost the same format as Minecraft: Story Mode, so I was able to implement support for it pretty quickly (I just needed to add a one-byte signed normals format)!... but now I gotta figure out how to get its textures exported/converted correctly since (they're using the basic PS4 swizzle). Hrm.
(EDIT: Looks like a combination of the MC:SM script which I'll be uploading a fix for soon, and chrrox's DDS-to-GTF script seems to work for that!)

Until then, the PC version's textures seem to work! But yeah, I'll be uploading the updated script soon! (Man, I really wish that I can figure out the other games someday...)
Kaizo wrote:Wait. You got the entire skin? when i put skM1_jesse201_clothesA.d3dtx through the program I only got a 64x64 image with 1 line https://imgur.com/a/LSVuX
Late reply, but send me the D3DTX files so I can take a look and compare 'em with what I've got.

(EDIT: Wait! I have a feeling I might know why that's broken. I'll be uploading an updated script later for you to try out.)
Last edited by RandomTBush on Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Escope12
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Escope12 »

RandomTBush wrote:Oh hey, turns out that the PlayStation 4 version of Back to the Future: The Game (30th Anniversary Edition) actually has models that can be properly read (compared to the 360 version's which were practically impossible to figure out the rigging for), and are using almost the same format as Minecraft: Story Mode, so I was able to implement support for it pretty quickly (I just needed to add a one-byte signed normals format)!... but now I gotta figure out how to get its textures exported/converted correctly since (they're using the basic PS4 swizzle). Hrm.

Until then, the PC version's textures seem to work! But yeah, I'll be uploading the updated script soon! (Man, I really wish that I can figure out the other games someday...)
Kaizo wrote:Wait. You got the entire skin? when i put skM1_jesse201_clothesA.d3dtx through the program I only got a 64x64 image with 1 line https://imgur.com/a/LSVuX
Late reply, but send me the D3DTX files so I can take a look and compare 'em with what I've got.
I don’t know if I should ask but how did you get the files from the PlayStation 4 Version?
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Escope12 wrote:I don’t know if I should ask but how did you get the files from the PlayStation 4 Version?
Same way other games are extracted -- exploits! This is something you'll need to research on your own.

Anyway, update time!

Code: Select all

Added support for Back to the Future: The Game (30th Anniversary Edition), PS4 version only!
Fixed D3DTX-to-DDS QuickBMS scripts so that file size is applied properly, whoops!
For the PS4 version of Back to the Future, you'll want to use the "_BttFPS4" script with the D3DTX files to get (broken) DDS files, and then use chrrox's QuickBMS script to convert those to GNF, and then finally Noesis to convert 'em to PNG.

Download MaxScript
Download D3DTX to DDS QuickBMS Script

@Kaizo: Try the updated QuickBMS script above and let me know if it works! Turns out that I had completely forgotten to fill in part of the DDS file where the filesize was supposed to be kept, which might have been causing that glitch.
Last edited by RandomTBush on Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Escope12
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Escope12 »

I might try and get the game files from The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection from the PS4 Version because it has visually enhanced versions of The Walking Dead: Season 1, 400 Days, Season 2, Michonne and The Walking Dead: A New Frontier.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Escope12 wrote:I might try and get the game files from The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection from the PS4 Version because it has visually enhanced versions of The Walking Dead: Season 1, 400 Days, Season 2, Michonne and The Walking Dead: A New Frontier.
With any luck, those might work right off the bat with the Batman/GotG importer, considering I'd only needed to add in one thing for the BttF stuff.
Last edited by RandomTBush on Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Escope12
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Escope12 »

RandomTBush wrote:
Escope12 wrote:I might try and get the game files from The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection from the PS4 Version because it has visually enhanced versions of The Walking Dead: Season 1, 400 Days, Season 2, Michonne and The Walking Dead: A New Frontier.
With any luck, those might work right off the bat with the Batman/GotG importer, considering I'd only needed to add in one thing for the BttF stuff.

Anyway, added a fixed version of the BttF script to the previous post, since the height and width on the original one were being read in the wrong order!
I agree since The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection is only on PS4 & Xbox One and I doubt it’s getting ported to the PC.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Just tested the PlayStation 4 versions of both The Wolf Among Us and Batman: The Telltale Series. The Wolf Among Us works just fine, but Batman doesn't. Hrm. I know it's not that necessary to fix it since the PC version works already, but it's still something I feel needs to be looked into for compatibility's sake.

(EDIT: Tales from the Borderlands's PS4 version works, too!)
Last edited by RandomTBush on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Escope12
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Escope12 »

RandomTBush wrote:Just tested the PlayStation 4 versions of both The Wolf Among Us and Batman: The Telltale Series. The Wolf Among Us works just fine, but Batman doesn't. Hrm. I know it's not that necessary to fix it since the PC version works already, but it's still something I feel needs to be looked into for compatibility's sake.
Did you test this on PlayStation 4 versions of Telltale’s The Walking Dead?
martanius
advanced

Post by martanius »

Hello, I used your BMs script to convert TWD A New frontier's D3DTX to DDS, but how to convert DDS back to D3DTX format for please?
Kaizo
ultra-n00b

Post by Kaizo »

@RandomTBush
First of all thank you very much for updating the script so fast! I actually couldn't remember the website for a few weeks since I reset my machine "Who takes the time to uninstall everything you don't need when factory reset does it all for you!" - Kaizo
Hah, Anyways I did manage to get it to extract textures correctly but I wanted to see if you could assist me with exporting, editing and re-importing textures to Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2.
I have wanted to do this for awhile now but there are no tutorials on Youtube for it. If you can please contact me at
Discord = Kaizo#9322
or in messages.
Again thank you so much for the help updating the script!
-Kaizo
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Just tested a few more PS4 ports now.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Episode 1) = Errors. Guess that means I should spend some more time refining the importers for that and Batman since it's tripping over the hacky workarounds I set up...
Minecraft: Story Mode = Works!
The Walking Dead: Season 1 = Also works! But you need to use the Season 2 or The Wolf Among Us importer for the models, and for the textures you'll need to use the respective QuickBMS script for the D3DTX-to-DDS first, chrrox's DDS-to-GNF script after and finally Noesis to convert the GNFs to PNG. Long process, but it's worth it as a number of textures (namely normal maps and textures with transparency) are higher-resolution than in the PC version.
martanius wrote:Hello, I used your BMs script to convert TWD A New frontier's D3DTX to DDS, but how to convert DDS back to D3DTX format for please?
Kaizo wrote:@RandomTBush
First of all thank you very much for updating the script so fast! I actually couldn't remember the website for a few weeks since I reset my machine "Who takes the time to uninstall everything you don't need when factory reset does it all for you!" - Kaizo
Hah, Anyways I did manage to get it to extract textures correctly but I wanted to see if you could assist me with exporting, editing and re-importing textures to Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2.
I have wanted to do this for awhile now but there are no tutorials on Youtube for it. If you can please contact me at
Discord = Kaizo#9322
or in messages.
Again thank you so much for the help updating the script!
-Kaizo
Hm, haven't really thought about that kinda thing yet. I suppose it should be possible, but I'll definitely need some time to write up something to reverse the process, converting DDS back into D3DTX. I'll let you know if I happen to make any progress on that sometime later.
Acewell
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Acewell »

RandomTBush wrote:.... for the textures you'll need to use the respective QuickBMS script for the D3DTX-to-DDS first, chrrox's DDS-to-GNF script after and finally Noesis to convert the GNFs to PNG. Long process, but it's worth it ....
i could probably help you refine this process to just opening the d3dtx with Noesis and reading the needed info then
building the gnf header on the fly and finally display it all in one step, but i need to see some of those samples. :D