Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Unreadable Wizard101 XML files?

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
ReedSteed
n00b

Unreadable Wizard101 XML files?

Post by ReedSteed »

I have a list of XML files that i want to edit from WADs I've extracted from the game called Wizard101 (GameBryo Engine if that helps).

I believe these XML's contain the game code for their respective areas (example: extracting MB_Arena.wad gives me the textures, the model and these XML's).

My only issue is upon opening these XML's in Notepad, WordPad etc.. I get strange characters that I cannot understand (let alone make edits to).

My goal is to edit the areas code so that teleporting to the area as a spectator would teleport my character on the battle circle and not in the spectator area (maybe with triggers.xml so that it adds me into battle always, or spawndata.xml to spawn my character onto the battle circle.. (as colliding with the circle joins you into battle automatically).

Can anyone translate the code in these XML's or help me read it? (Note: I believe the mechanics were written mainly in C/C++)

EXAMPLE XML's AND OTHER DATA FROM MB_ARENA.WAD:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/99ore2ia8 ... +Arena.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WRS
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Unreadable Wizard101 XML files?

Post by WRS »

this thread is a dupe of viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17087 where i just posted!
Useful tool links:
Gh0stBlade

Re: Unreadable Wizard101 XML files?

Post by Gh0stBlade »

Please do not open duplicate topics. Continue here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17087
Click the thanks button if I helped!