Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by RandomTBush »

PixelBoyZ69 wrote:Jesse face and mouth mesh are very messed up. Trying to fix this like 20 Times and always fail. I'm using 3DS Max 2017
http://i.imgur.com/yUw0d7J.png

My next step: installing 3DS Max 2009, and now i can't put the .dds textures into the models
http://i.imgur.com/MxcwhUT.png

Any help?
Everything's working fine on my end.

And, uh, I can already see what's wrong with the second image, it's not because you're using too new of a 3DS Max version (it really shouldn't matter at this point as long as you're using something newer than 3DS Max 9), it's because you're trying to drag-and-drop the D3DTX files onto the model. You'll need to convert those to DDS first using the respective QuickBMS script before they can be used. And also try resizing the texture to about 16 times or so of its original size (using bilinear or pixel filtering, not smart-size) or disable texture filtering to make it look better.

...And on another note, if Telltale's indeed got three more projects they're working on at once, I've gonna need to update my script again sooner rather than later. Hopefully they won't be too difficult to support now that I have a better understanding of everything.
PixelBoyZ69
n00b

Post by PixelBoyZ69 »

it's because you're trying to drag-and-drop the D3DTX files onto the model
Welp, i didn't notice... :D . Thanks anyway
And also try resizing the texture to about 16 times or so of its original size (using bilinear or pixel filtering, not smart-size) or disable texture filtering to make it look better.
How? Did i need another editing application (such as Photoshop) or resize it in 3DS Max? And where is "Disable Texture Filtering" Options are located?
...And on another note, if Telltale's indeed got three more projects they're working on at once, I've gonna need to update my script again sooner rather than later.
Telltale are working for Tales of Borderlands Season 2, Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 and also James Bond - A Telltale Series. MCSM S2 just got rated by NZ and AU. I don't know much about Borderlands and James Bond Series, so... i have no idea (Edit: Borderlands Season 2 and James Bond Series are not yet confirmed)
mcemily
ultra-n00b

Post by mcemily »

PixelBoyZ69 wrote:Telltale are working for Tales of Borderlands Season 2, Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 and also James Bond - A Telltale Series. MCSM S2 just got rated by NZ and AU. I don't know much about Borderlands and James Bond Series, so... i have no idea (Edit: Borderlands Season 2 and James Bond Series are not yet confirmed)
Not to take this forum off-topic, but could you point me to whatever source mentioned Borderlands S2 and James Bond being in the works? I can only find mention of the Minecraft S2 being rated by AU/NZ. I know you said the other two aren't confirmed, but I'd be happy with even unconfirmed rumors/leaks of a Borderlands S2!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

mcemily wrote:
PixelBoyZ69 wrote:Telltale are working for Tales of Borderlands Season 2, Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 and also James Bond - A Telltale Series. MCSM S2 just got rated by NZ and AU. I don't know much about Borderlands and James Bond Series, so... i have no idea (Edit: Borderlands Season 2 and James Bond Series are not yet confirmed)
Not to take this forum off-topic, but could you point me to whatever source mentioned Borderlands S2 and James Bond being in the works? I can only find mention of the Minecraft S2 being rated by AU/NZ. I know you said the other two aren't confirmed, but I'd be happy with even unconfirmed rumors/leaks of a Borderlands S2!
Well, it seems that Tales from the Borderlands 2 might've been disproved according to another tweet from the same guy who posted the original leak, with the original assets used for that.
https://twitter.com/AnEvilHag/status/871101569290383360

So that might also mean that Solstice isn't a thing, either. But it's only like a week away from E3, so we'll see what happens then.
Last edited by RandomTBush on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcemily
ultra-n00b

Post by mcemily »

RandomTBush wrote:
mcemily wrote:
Well, it seems that Tales from the Borderlands 2 might've been disproved according to another tweet from the same guy who posted the original leak, with the original assets used for that.
https://twitter.com/AnEvilHag/status/871101569290383360

So that might also mean that Solstice isn't a thing, either. But it's only like a week away from E3, so we'll see what happens then.
Ah, yeah... that looks like a "wishful thinking" fan render to me. :) As you say... we'll see what Telltale has to say for themselves at E3.
PixelBoyZ69
n00b

Post by PixelBoyZ69 »

Actually i just want to ask about this, but its ok, at least we know that Borderlands S2 are fake, and Solstice isn't a thing, but who knows? :D
And also try resizing the texture to about 16 times or so of its original size (using bilinear or pixel filtering, not smart-size) or disable texture filtering to make it look better.
How?
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

PixelBoyZ69 wrote:
How?
Use an image-editing program, of course. I'd suggest GIMP if you want something worthwhile that's free.
PixelBoyZ69
n00b

Post by PixelBoyZ69 »

RandomTBush wrote:
PixelBoyZ69 wrote:
How?
Use an image-editing program, of course. I'd suggest GIMP if you want something worthwhile that's free.
Uhh... I don't understand these stuff :( .Is there any tutorial about how to resizing texture using bilinear/ pixel filtering (Photoshop/ GIMP) on Youtube? That would be helpful
Maximmum
advanced

Post by Maximmum »

Hi there RandomTBrush, so i have a little problem here, i import Clem model with ur script(but this problem is actually with any model i import) but it looks like this:

So as you can see some of the models have black color, and even if apply material and texture of this model, the black colour still be there, and the texture will be very dark because of it, i tried to make these black models white (in both 3DS Max and Blender) but with no luck, i tried everything, but the model still stands black. Also one thing - if export this model to .obj, and import back, these black colors will gone and become white, but this would not work out for me, because if i import it to any other format than .obj, i will loose the Armature and vertexes things! So i hope you can help me with that!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Maximmum wrote:Hi there RandomTBrush, so i have a little problem here, i import Clem model with ur script(but this problem is actually with any model i import) but it looks like this:
*image*

So as you can see some of the models have black color, and even if apply material and texture of this model, the black colour still be there, and the texture will be very dark because of it, i tried to make these black models white (in both 3DS Max and Blender) but with no luck, i tried everything, but the model still stands black. Also one thing - if export this model to .obj, and import back, these black colors will gone and become white, but this would not work out for me, because if i import it to any other format than .obj, i will loose the Armature and vertexes things! So i hope you can help me with that!
Did you enable the "Enable vertex colours?" option? That's normal, if that's the case. I'm not sure what those are used for in most of the models I've looked at, hence why it's disabled by default.

Alternatively, you can add a "Vertex Paint" modifier to all of the polygon sections, and then click the third box at the top to disable previewing for those.
Maximmum
advanced

Post by Maximmum »

RandomTBush wrote:
Maximmum wrote:Hi there RandomTBrush, so i have a little problem here, i import Clem model with ur script(but this problem is actually with any model i import) but it looks like this:
*image*

Did you enable the "Enable vertex colours?" option? That's normal, if that's the case. I'm not sure what those are used for in most of the models I've looked at, hence why it's disabled by default.

Alternatively, you can add a "Vertex Paint" modifier to all of the polygon sections, and then click the third box at the top to disable previewing for those.
Yep you're right, i went to the Vertex Paint mode and quickly paint all black models to white :] Thank You very much :D
Escope12
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Escope12 »

RTB, Clementine's tongue rotates wired when I rotate the jaw bone.

Tosyk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Tosyk »

Escope12 wrote:RTB, Clementine's tongue rotates wired when I rotate the jaw bone.
this is how model been done for animation purpose. there's nothing RTB can do about it.
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Tosyk wrote:
Escope12 wrote:RTB, Clementine's tongue rotates wired when I rotate the jaw bone.
this is how model been done for animation purpose. there's nothing RTB can do about it.
^ This. If it's not the vertex points stretching oddly (which shouldn't happen anymore), then it's probably intentional.
Escope12
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Escope12 »

RandomTBush wrote:
Tosyk wrote:
^ This. If it's not the vertex points stretching oddly (which shouldn't happen anymore), then it's probably intentional.
That's strange. Thanks for telling me.