Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Tydeus
veteran

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by Tydeus »

RandomTBush wrote:Since the .PROP files are what's used to build the models in-game, it's worth checking in cases like this when they use bone structures that don't match their file names.
Ah, how would I open a .Prop file? Something like Notepadd++?
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Tydeus wrote:
RandomTBush wrote:Since the .PROP files are what's used to build the models in-game, it's worth checking in cases like this when they use bone structures that don't match their file names.
Ah, how would I open a .Prop file? Something like Notepadd++?
Yeah, that'd work. It'd be in plaintext, you'd just have to look past all the random symbols until you see something with ".skl" at the end. Otherwise you'd use a hex editor to look through 'em.
PixelBoyZ69
n00b

Post by PixelBoyZ69 »

I need some guidance, i just don't understand what should i do after extracting the .d3dtx to .dds, and what should i do with PROP and SKL files and how to open it in 3DS, sorry if this sounds like noob question because i'm a beginner in this forum (PM me if necessary)
Tydeus
veteran

Post by Tydeus »

Hm, for some reason the texture of the Layer_3's for Bigby doesnt all line up correctly. I did figure out the render to texture too but certain meshes creates a blank file as if there's nothing there. I guess I could always map the hair to the detail map rather than the other way around, though the texture messes up slightly, white dots everywhere :P

PixelBoyZ69 wrote:I need some guidance, i just don't understand what should i do after extracting the .d3dtx to .dds, and what should i do with PROP and SKL files and how to open it in 3DS, sorry if this sounds like noob question because i'm a beginner in this forum (PM me if necessary)
Once you've downloaded the script from the first page (TelltaleGames_D3DMesh) save it to your 3DS scripts folder, mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\Scripts for example. Once in 3DS, click MAXScript at the top of the page, goto Run and run the script. Once you've selected which game you want, the script will ask you for the skl file first, and then the d3dmesh files after that, and it should load :P then you can drag and drop the dds files to the model, obviously head goes with the head model etc.

I've probably missed something.
PixelBoyZ69
n00b

Post by PixelBoyZ69 »

Tydeus wrote:Hm, for some reason the texture of the Layer_3's for Bigby doesnt all line up correctly. I did figure out the render to texture too but certain meshes creates a blank file as if there's nothing there. I guess I could always map the hair to the detail map rather than the other way around, though the texture messes up slightly, white dots everywhere :P

PixelBoyZ69 wrote:I need some guidance, i just don't understand what should i do after extracting the .d3dtx to .dds, and what should i do with PROP and SKL files and how to open it in 3DS, sorry if this sounds like noob question because i'm a beginner in this forum (PM me if necessary)
Once you've downloaded the script from the first page (TelltaleGames_D3DMesh) save it to your 3DS scripts folder, mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\Scripts for example. Once in 3DS, click MAXScript at the top of the page, goto Run and run the script. Once you've selected which game you want, the script will ask you for the skl file first, and then the d3dmesh files after that, and it should load :P then you can drag and drop the dds files to the model, obviously head goes with the head model etc.

I've probably missed something.
Thanks, now i just need to put the .dds file to 3ds max but unfortunately i don't know how :P
Tydeus
veteran

Post by Tydeus »

PixelBoyZ69 wrote:Thanks, now i just need to put the .dds file to 3ds max but unfortunately i don't know how :P
Well, what I've been doing is dragging them from the folder they're stored in, directly onto the model within 3ds max.
PixelBoyZ69
n00b

Post by PixelBoyZ69 »

Tydeus wrote:
PixelBoyZ69 wrote:Thanks, now i just need to put the .dds file to 3ds max but unfortunately i don't know how :P
Well, what I've been doing is dragging them from the folder they're stored in, directly onto the model within 3ds max.
so... I drag and drop the .DDS file, but what happen is: https://youtu.be/wQUzXv6Vcyk
Tydeus
veteran

Post by Tydeus »

Hey Random, I don't suppose you could fix the mapping with Bigby's Layer 3's could you? The face maps line up perfectly, I think most of the "WolfOut" textures are fine too, but the Wolf and the Bigby model, not so much.
Cappu
n00b

Post by Cappu »

quickbms's script (Telltale_D3DTX_Batman_GotG_TWD3.bms) can't convert new fifth episode's (A New Frontier​) textures. Telltale again change something in the file format ((
jayko
advanced

Post by jayko »

Cappu wrote:quickbms's script (Telltale_D3DTX_Batman_GotG_TWD3.bms) can't convert new fifth episode's (A New Frontier​) textures. Telltale again change something in the file format ((
Works fine for me.
Cappu
n00b

Post by Cappu »

jayko wrote:Works fine for me.
thanks for the reply. checked all again and found what the problem was. everything works ))
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Cappu wrote:
jayko wrote:Works fine for me.
thanks for the reply. checked all again and found what the problem was. everything works ))
Outdated version, I presume? Since there was the one glitch with Episodes 3 and 4 that I'd fixed earlier, after all.
Cappu
n00b

Post by Cappu »

RandomTBush wrote:Outdated version, I presume?
No, there is just one file (goboRichmondApartments.d3dtx) that created an error and did not allow quickbms to convert rest of textures.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Cappu wrote:
RandomTBush wrote:Outdated version, I presume?
No, there is just one file (goboRichmondApartments.d3dtx) that created an error and did not allow quickbms to convert rest of textures.
Ah, that would explain it. I still need to update the script to export those and the lightprobe textures correctly (they contain multiple textures, which causes my script to error with 'em), might have some time later this week to do so.
PixelBoyZ69
n00b

Post by PixelBoyZ69 »

Jesse face and mouth mesh are very messed up. Trying to fix this like 20 Times and always fail. I'm using 3DS Max 2017
http://i.imgur.com/yUw0d7J.png

My next step: installing 3DS Max 2009, and now i can't put the .dds textures into the models
http://i.imgur.com/MxcwhUT.png

Any help?