Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by RandomTBush »

Okay, I feel I'm gonna be asking a stupid question here, but... does Moxxi actually show up in Tales from the Borderlands, or is she only heard in the game? Because her model's one of the very few that seems to have that issue (the others being skB0_battleDroid_hologram and sk54_hyperionSuit_headE), even in the XBox 360 version. I haven't gotten a chance to play through it yet, but a quick Google search doesn't really come up with anything. I'm almost certain the reason why her model doesn't have rigging information because her model was never implemented. If that's the case, you're better off using her respective model from Poker Night 2, since it's almost the same as the one in TftBL.

That being said, at least I've updated the script again to fix that dumb bug where importing a skeleton with an unrigged model would cause it to error. Dunno how I missed that. And the scale modifier's there now, too.
https://mega.nz/#!qkR0nJCZ!ImhNfUDaxL0n ... F1WjadV-Eg

This should be the last update before I get the rest of the games done.
Last edited by RandomTBush on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cappu
n00b

Post by Cappu »

RandomTBush wrote:does Moxxi actually show up in Tales from the Borderlands?
No ))

I encountered a problem when importing along with the skeleton - lost some meshes. It seems that the script throws them for some reason. This happens with models from 4 episode ANF (TWD S3). If I do import the same without a skeleton, then nothing is lost.
Tydeus
veteran

Post by Tydeus »

RandomTBush wrote:Okay, I feel I'm gonna be asking a stupid question here, but... does Moxxi actually show up in Tales from the Borderlands, or is she only heard in the game?
I think they reference her once and theres some pictures of her.
RandomTBush wrote:This should be the last update before I get the rest of the games done.
Does this include the problems I was having with Michonne's eyes? :P
Last edited by Tydeus on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mcemily
ultra-n00b

Post by mcemily »

RandomTBush wrote:"Merge" means it sets up the separate UV mapping layers appropriately, on the same mesh. "Split" means it uses the old behaviour, where separate UV mapping layers are put onto duplicate meshes, and "No" means it's ignored completely.

And dangit, I knew there was something I'd forgotten to check. There's no differences with the model you uploaded compared to what I've extracted already this time, but there's something unusual about her model in general. For some reason, there doesn't seem to be any rigging information stored in her model -- vertex buffer #1 only has vertex positions, normals and an unknown float value (either "1" or "0"), and vertex buffer #2 only contains UV mapping, binormals and tangents (or at least, I think they are, I honestly don't know what those are for).

Knowing my luck, it's probably located in a different file. Either way, I'll go figure out what the heck's going on with that.
Ah, thanks for the definitions. And thanks for looking into that model! Moxxi never actually made an appearance in the game (aside from voice-over lines, anyway), so I wouldn't be surprised if her model sort of ended up abandoned along the way.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Tydeus wrote:
RandomTBush wrote:Okay, I feel I'm gonna be asking a stupid question here, but... does Moxxi actually show up in Tales from the Borderlands, or is she only heard in the game?
I think they reference her once and theres some pictures of her.
RandomTBush wrote:This should be the last update before I get the rest of the games done.
Does this include the problems I was having with Michonne's eyes? :P
Yeah, that would definitely explain it, then. :P

And as for the eyes, I think it's because of a shader effect. I'll have to check for myself.
Cappu wrote:
RandomTBush wrote:does Moxxi actually show up in Tales from the Borderlands?
No ))

I encountered a problem when importing along with the skeleton - lost some meshes. It seems that the script throws them for some reason. This happens with models from 4 episode ANF (TWD S3). If I do import the same without a skeleton, then nothing is lost.
I'll double-check to make sure I haven't broken anything in the process of adding the fix.
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

I'm encountering errors when importing any model from GotG. Not sure if this is a known bug or not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tydeus
veteran

Post by Tydeus »

I decided to have a look at some other TWD Michonne models to see if their eyes are the same and found this on the Alex model. His head doesnt show up afterwards so I assume it's his head (sk56_alex_head.d3dmesh).

I gave the others a quick look, I may have missed some like the Crabbers, but they look fine (other than the eyes).

Edit: Actually I think the version of Mario's 3DS to XNA I have is causing the problem with the eyes. Does anybody have an earlier version of his script I can use?
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

TRDaz wrote:I'm encountering errors when importing any model from GotG. Not sure if this is a known bug or not.
Tydeus wrote:I decided to have a look at some other TWD Michonne models to see if their eyes are the same and found this on the Alex model. His head doesnt show up afterwards so I assume it's his head (sk56_alex_head.d3dmesh).
Send both of them my way and I'll take a look, since I just tested and they're both working on my end. Wouldn't surprise me if it was another variant again.
Tydeus wrote:Does this include the problems I was having with Michonne's eyes? :P
Also just found out why this was happening for you and not for me. There's inverted faces for the irises, and I have the "Backface Cull on Object Creation" option enabled.
ImageImage
Left is without Backface Cull enabled, right is with.
Last edited by RandomTBush on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

RandomTBush wrote:Send both of them my way, and I'll take a look. Wouldn't surprise me if it was another variant again.
Here is one skl and a few meshes, it seems to happen with all models for some reason, even Rocket (was surprised since you managed to import him with the screenshot you showed for progress) https://www.dropbox.com/s/7z1vkmlr2w86l ... a.rar?dl=0

Batman seems to be working great though!
Tydeus
veteran

Post by Tydeus »

RandomTBush wrote:Send both of them my way and I'll take a look
Here you go :P I saved it with the textures too. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhWqylP2yJI3gmHxwAVIadbPe_Ed
RandomTBush wrote:Also just found out why this was happening for you and not for me. There's inverted faces for the irises, and I have the "Backface Cull on Object Creation" option enabled. Left is without Backface Cull enabled, right is with.
Ah, I thought that could've been on my end. I saved it to XNA using noesis and the eyes are fine.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

TRDaz wrote:
RandomTBush wrote:Send both of them my way, and I'll take a look. Wouldn't surprise me if it was another variant again.
Here is one skl and a few meshes, it seems to happen with all models for some reason, even Rocket (was surprised since you managed to import him with the screenshot you showed for progress) https://www.dropbox.com/s/7z1vkmlr2w86l ... a.rar?dl=0

Batman seems to be working great though!
WHOOPS! Again! Turns out I accidentally broke that with the WIP script I uploaded, it's currently working fine on my debug script.

https://mega.nz/#!qkR0nJCZ!ImhNfUDaxL0n ... F1WjadV-Eg

Sorry about that! I also went and re-enabled all of the older games. They're still using the old reading setups for now, but they've at least got the rigging fixes for Max 2012/2015 and such applied. I'll be working on re-parsing those next (since there's still quite a bit that end up breaking the script, like sk04_hoodedone.d3dmesh from Bone: Out from Boneville).
Tydeus wrote:
RandomTBush wrote:Send both of them my way and I'll take a look
Here you go :P I saved it with the textures too. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhWqylP2yJI3gmHxwAVIadbPe_Ed
Ah, right. I see the problem. For whatever reason, the sk56_alex_eyesMouth.d3dmesh file is essentially empty. The script's getting caught on that since there's nothing to read in it, since the model parts are merged with the "head" mesh instead.
Last edited by RandomTBush on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TRDaz
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TRDaz »

No problem! Thanks for the quick fix! :D
Tydeus
veteran

Post by Tydeus »

RandomTBush wrote:There's inverted faces for the irises, and I have the "Backface Cull on Object Creation" option enabled.
I think I've always had that enabled but I'm fairly certain now that the problem is with the latest version of the xna converter script. The oldest version doesnt like the new models, and the new version does some other weird stuff. Noesis works perfectly :D
RandomTBush wrote:Ah, right. I see the problem. For whatever reason, the sk56_alex_eyesMouth.d3dmesh file is essentially empty.
Yep! works perfectly without the eyesmouth! <3 you're awesome.
Konnie
ultra-n00b

Post by Konnie »

Hey guys, I'm having problems with ttarchext.. I used it before to extract GoT files and it worked perfectly but ever since I deleted it and now wanting to get Guardians of the Galaxy models, when I run the program (ttarchext.exe), it just opens for 1 second and closes not allowing me to view the game ID, etc.
Anyways I can go around this or fix it?
Thank you!
Tydeus
veteran

Post by Tydeus »

Konnie wrote:when I run the program (ttarchext.exe), it just opens for 1 second and closes not allowing me to view the game ID, etc. Anyways I can go around this or fix it?
Start > Run/search and then type in "CMD" without the quotations and drag and drop ttarchext.exe on to it. I dont think GotG appears on the list though, at least not the version I have.