Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
MrUncleBingo
beginner

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by MrUncleBingo »

RandomTBush wrote:
MrUncleBingo wrote:*image*

This shows up every time I try to open a D3DMESH. model of "Batman The TellTale Series" on 3DSMax (I Have the 2010 Version).
No matter what model of that game is (I tried with Catwoman, Batman, Gadgets, Vicky Vale, Environtments, etc...) and that kind of error shows up every time.

Any clue on what I'm doing wrong? It's an issue or the Script? My 3DSMax is trolling me?
How strange. Send me one of those D3DMesh files (with the cooresponding .SKL) and I'll take a look, because it's definitely working over on my end (and I'm even using the same 3DS Max version, so it's definitely not because of that).
Here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8gg3bgmre ... Output.rar

There's Catwoman, all D3DMesh and SKL files included.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

MrUncleBingo wrote:Here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8gg3bgmre ... Output.rar

There's Catwoman, all D3DMesh and SKL files included.
Well, this sucks. They're certainly different than what I've got.

There's a whole lot of differences with the headers, but the actual polygon/vertex information seems to be identical. I don't get it, but it absolutely looks like Telltale's making it difficult for me.

Either way, looks like I've got more work to do... At least the SKL files seem to be unchanged. But just to make sure, were these from something other than the Steam PC version (which I've been working with)?
MrUncleBingo
beginner

Post by MrUncleBingo »

I downloaded the game vía Mega, not Steam. Still is PC Version of course. I Can't play it because my PC can't support it enough (Or it can, but consumes around like the 90% of my PC CPU/Memory). I supposed maybe it will have problems, but like the version I downloaded it's a full one (ISO) and not a Rip Version or a Portable one, I don't think it's a problem of this specifical version, I hope.

Also I extracted all the models fine with the TTArchExt (D3DMeshes, SKLetons, etc...), so I don't know really, this is the first time I try to extract models from a Game by myself, I don't know how this works, but after see the images you posted, I think I will have to wait a little more to make models of that Batman game.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

MrUncleBingo wrote:I downloaded the game vía Mega, not Steam. Still is PC Version of course. I Can't play it because my PC can't support it enough (Or it can, but consumes around like the 90% of my PC CPU/Memory). I supposed maybe it will have problems, but like the version I downloaded it's a full one (ISO) and not a Rip Version or a Portable one, I don't think it's a problem of this specifical version, I hope.

Also I extracted all the models fine with the TTArchExt (D3DMeshes, SKLetons, etc...), so I don't know really, this is the first time I try to extract models from a Game by myself, I don't know how this works, but after see the images you posted, I think I will have to wait a little more to make models of that Batman game.
So a non-Steam version doesn't have the same files? That makes this case even more unusual, then. Regardless, I'll do what I can to make those work in the morning.
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

Another problem with TWD Michonne.. the skeleton, according with the meshes, is imported in little size.. if you need i can give you pics.
Just tell me if is only is a my problem.
I use max 2011
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

@MrUncleBingo: Decided to check more thoroughly anyway (who needs sleep, am I ri--zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz). Seems almost all of the changes are in the way it reads the LOD information, for some reason. Hrm. I'll need to research that some more and find out why that is, but for now I added a hacky workaround which'll break out of the loop and skips the rest of the information if it detects something unexpected, for that and the others using the same base format (TWD3 and GotG).

https://mega.nz/#!qkR0nJCZ!ImhNfUDaxL0n ... F1WjadV-Eg

Let me know if that works for you now.
fil1969 wrote:Another problem with TWD Michonne.. the skeleton, according with the meshes, is imported in little size.. if you need i can give you pics.
I use max 2011
Just the skeleton, or the models too? Because that's actually normal, the scale for the models is incredibly tiny. I don't really feel like adjusting the script to make 'em like 100x larger at the moment since I'd probably break a bunch of things in the process.

(EDIT: Never mind that last part, turns out it was really easy and I ended up doing so anyway. :P)
Last edited by RandomTBush on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

RandomTBush wrote:@MrUncleBingo: Decided to check more thoroughly anyway (who needs sleep, am I ri--zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz). Seems almost all of the changes are in the way it reads the LOD information, for some reason. Hrm. I'll need to research that some more and find out why that is, but for now I added a hacky workaround which'll break out of the loop and skips the rest of the information if it detects something unexpected, for that and the others using the same base format (TWD3 and GotG).

https://mega.nz/#!uoZG0SgL!SlY30IU_Cf9D ... GUgNUk-hoo

fil1969 wrote:Another problem with TWD Michonne.. the skeleton, according with the meshes, is imported in little size.. if you need i can give you pics.
I use max 2011
Just the skeleton, or the models too? Because that's actually normal, the scale for the models is incredibly tiny. I don't really feel like adjusting the script to make 'em like 100x larger at the moment since I'd probably break a bunch of things in the process.
Wait, i mean only Michonne character! Not all from TwD-Michonne! :D Yes the script imports in tiny size, but is not a problem. With Michonne character, the skeleton is little more than the meshes. The other characters , till now, are perfect.
riccochet
advanced

Post by riccochet »

RandomTBush wrote:
Zombieali2000 wrote:
riccochet wrote:That worked thanks... I'm not finding any .skl files though... everything else extracts. Am I missing a step?
Yeah im not seeing any .SKL Files either D: (WD:ANF)
Oddly enough, the SKL files aren't grouped with the models in the "_txmesh" archives, they're in the "_data" files instead.
Hmmm.. that's the first thing I when I saw no skl files.. but all it extracts is some wav and .bank files.. im probably doing something wrong. I'll take another crack at it later and let you know. Thanks for the speedy replies and changes
mcemily
ultra-n00b

Post by mcemily »

I'm getting a runtime error when I try to run the latest WIP script.

"Runtime error: Can't load Button images: bitmap: "TelltaleIcons\WalkingDead1.bmp"
MrUncleBingo
beginner

Post by MrUncleBingo »

RandomTBush wrote:@MrUncleBingo: Decided to check more thoroughly anyway (who needs sleep, am I ri--zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz). Seems almost all of the changes are in the way it reads the LOD information, for some reason. Hrm. I'll need to research that some more and find out why that is, but for now I added a hacky workaround which'll break out of the loop and skips the rest of the information if it detects something unexpected, for that and the others using the same base format (TWD3 and GotG).

https://mega.nz/#!uoZG0SgL!SlY30IU_Cf9D ... GUgNUk-hoo

I use max 2011

It worked! I export her to FBX, then used Noesis to export her to mesh.ascii, and now it's for XPS!
The only problem is I don't know how to extract the textures (I have the script for that, I just need to find the steps to extract them), but I will solve that probably in little time.

Still I will check another models later and tell you if they work too. Thanks :D!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

mcemily wrote:I'm getting a runtime error when I try to run the latest WIP script.

"Runtime error: Can't load Button images: bitmap: "TelltaleIcons\WalkingDead1.bmp"
Did you re-extract the "TelltaleIcons" folder, too? The icon for that was added in said update, and you'll need to re-extract that to make sure it's there.
MrUncleBingo wrote:The only problem is I don't know how to extract the textures (I have the script for that, I just need to find the steps to extract them), but I will solve that probably in little time.

Still I will check another models later and tell you if they work too. Thanks :D!
Just use QuickBMS with the "Telltale_D3DTX_Batman_GotG_TWD3.bms" script on the first post (in the "Download D3DTX to DDS QuickBMS Script" link), and run that on the *.d3dtx files, and you should get a bunch of DDS files. You'll have to manually apply them, unfortunately, but the filenames should help you figure out what goes where. Glad the model importer works for you, though!

Anyway, I'll add a model scale modifier into the next update since it's not really that difficult to implement after all. Default will be 100x size, but you'll be able to set it to whatever you want.
mcemily
ultra-n00b

Post by mcemily »

RandomTBush wrote:Did you re-extract the "TelltaleIcons" folder, too? The icon for that was added in said update, and you'll need to re-extract that to make sure it's there.
Haha, well, that was easy enough. My bad. :)

Now that I can run the script... could you explain what the various options for the UV layers mean?

Also... still can't get TFTBL's Moxxi model to work with this new version. Here's a screengrab of the resulting error:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5o7u9cpa4ksf ... r.jpg?dl=0

And here's her mesh and skl file if you want to take a look at them: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ziheenys8o2km ... i.zip?dl=0
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

mcemily wrote:Now that I can run the script... could you explain what the various options for the UV layers mean?

Also... still can't get TFTBL's Moxxi model to work with this new version. Here's a screengrab of the resulting error:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5o7u9cpa4ksf ... r.jpg?dl=0

And here's her mesh and skl file if you want to take a look at them: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ziheenys8o2km ... i.zip?dl=0
"Merge" means it sets up the separate UV mapping layers appropriately, on the same mesh. "Split" means it uses the old behaviour, where separate UV mapping layers are put onto duplicate meshes, and "No" means it's ignored completely.

And dangit, I knew there was something I'd forgotten to check. There's no differences with the model you uploaded compared to what I've extracted already this time, but there's something unusual about her model in general. For some reason, there doesn't seem to be any rigging information stored in her model -- vertex buffer #1 only has vertex positions, normals and an unknown float value (either "1" or "0"), and vertex buffer #2 only contains UV mapping, binormals and tangents (or at least, I think they are, I honestly don't know what those are for).

Knowing my luck, it's probably located in a different file. Either way, I'll go figure out what the heck's going on with that.
Tydeus
veteran

Post by Tydeus »

It might be just me and I did something wrong, and so far I've only tried the Michonne model, but her eyes dont seem to have any colour, the whites of her eyes are still white but as you can see, they're pure black. It looks different on the picture with blue eyes, you can sort of see the iris colour around the edges, it looks like the pupils have dilated.

Brown
https://puu.sh/vysrq/377f3c98bd.png

Blue
https://puu.sh/vysGJ/0e5153c463.png

I took the pictures within XNALara, for the model I used sk55_michonne_eyesMouth.d3dmesh
MrUncleBingo
beginner

Post by MrUncleBingo »

RandomTBush wrote:
mcemily wrote:I'm getting a runtime error when I try to run the latest WIP script.

Did you re-extract the "TelltaleIcons" folder, too? The icon for that was added in said update, and you'll need to re-extract that to make sure it's there.
MrUncleBingo wrote:The only problem is I don't know how to extract the textures (I have the script for that, I just need to find the steps to extract them), but I will solve that probably in little time.

Just use QuickBMS with the "Telltale_D3DTX_Batman_GotG_TWD3.bms" script on the first post (in the "Download D3DTX to DDS QuickBMS Script" link), and run that on the *.d3dtx files, and you should get a bunch of DDS files. You'll have to manually apply them, unfortunately, but the filenames should help you figure out what goes where. Glad the model importer works for you, though!

Anyway, I'll add a model scale modifier into the next update since it's not really that difficult to implement after all. Default will be 100x size, but you'll be able to set it to whatever you want.
Thanks again :D!! Finally I made Catwoman for XPS!! (Kinda Hard the first time, but with time probably I gonna do more faster. Remembers me all the process to make Dragon Ball Xenoverse once again LOL!)