Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

ARchive_neXt

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
W0lfy
beginner

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by W0lfy »

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

it's me again with some problems, i installed all Requirements !, hope it's easy to fix, i had this problems when i try to preview a mesh !

1********

2********

3********

4 and it stuck here with this message

Rq: textures are loading correctly

Thanks
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel »

ravenov wrote:_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

it's me again with some problems, i installed all Requirements !, hope it's easy to fix, i had this problems when i try to preview a mesh !

Rq: textures are loading correctly

Thanks
First question: Are you using the Beta version of the game, or the full version?

Second question: Which datafile are you trying to view when you get the message in your first image? (note to self: add that information to the messagebox)

Last question (for now): Specifically, which model are you trying to view when you get the message in your second image? I assume it's AC_Ghost_Boots_LOD0, but I would rather have verification. (note to self: would be nice to have that information in the messagebox as well)

Whichever model you view that causes the issues in image #s 3 and 4 (in this case WS_ASR_ACR_Stock_LOD0) there should be an X file created in the temp folder (default location "Documents/TBotR/ARchive_neXt/Temp/forge file name"). If you could send me that file it might help me to determine the problem.

I thought I was done with questions, but something else just came to mind. Is the Temp File Location you are using writeable?

Just out of curiosity, did you change the image viewer background color to black?

Sorry I could not provide a quick fix within this post :(
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook
ARchive_neXt v4.03.27.0 Now Available!

"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
W0lfy
beginner

Post by W0lfy »

*i'm using the full game version (targeted the same files as you showed in the image)
* it's AC_Ghost_Boots_LOD0
*and following this path C:\Users\***\Documents\TBotR\ARchive_neXt\Temp i found this folder (not a single file ! http://sta.sh/download/5661574948469178 ... 1490566612

*yes, i changed the background to black :)
Rq: one of my friends tried the tool on beta files, and it's the same problem
HeliosAI
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by HeliosAI »

Thanks so much for supporting this game!
I tried it on open Beta files and get the same error as ravenov, however exporting models when clicking on 'Mesh'->'Export All As' works fine :)
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel »

ravenov wrote:*i'm using the full game version (targeted the same files as you showed in the image)
Seems like they didn't change anything from beta to full version. That's a plus.

I'm thinking the answer to question #2 is missing. At least based on what I see in image 1.

ravenov wrote:* it's AC_Ghost_Boots_LOD0
*and following this path C:\Users\***\Documents\TBotR\ARchive_neXt\Temp i found this folder (not a single file ! http://sta.sh/download/5661574948469178 ... 1490566612
When attempting to view the AC_Ghost_Boots_LOD0 model in the ...\Temp folder you should see 6 .grw files (these are the raw data files used to construct the image files), and 3 .dds files (one of these starts with dx9_, the normalmap in this instance). In the ...\Temp\DataPC.forge folder you should see 3 files (1 .grw, 1 .png, and 1 .x; raw data of the datafile you are viewing, texture used by the model viewer, and model used by the model viewer respectively). Based on the .x file included in what you sent me, it appears that the image files are not being created. The normalmap for this model is a DX10 dds image and needs to be converted to DXT5, this is done by texconv.exe. It should have been installed when you installed ARchive_neXt. Can you look in the directory where you installed ARchive_neXt and let me know if texconv.exe is in fact there? Another way to make sure it is working is to try and view the normalmap (AC_Ghost_Boots_NormalMap). If ARchive_neXt crashes there's something wrong with texconv or it's missing.

ravenov wrote:*yes, i changed the background to black :)
I thought this might cause an issue when viewing some of the models, but it appears I have not tied the image viewer background color to the model viewer background color. It reverts to cornflower blue when I view a model regardless of the color I set in preferences.

TLDR
It appears images are not being created and it breaks the model file which crashes the program.
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook
ARchive_neXt v4.03.27.0 Now Available!

"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
fahad00
ultra-n00b

Post by fahad00 »

Hey Michel Bro,
Is there anything to extract one forge files at once and rebuild them at once bro
please help I hope you can help me
thanks
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Archive X

Post by TSelman61X »

RunaWhite wrote:I finally managed to get some decent looking hairs (not 100% perfect, but oh well)

They are so heavy, too many polygons ahah.

MDA, I'm really grateful for the work you've done on this tool!
Do you have a skeleton?
W0lfy
beginner

Post by W0lfy »

and the generated files in temp folder of this path C:\Users\****\Documents\TBotR\ARchive_neXt\Temp\DataPC.forge are this

http://sta.sh/download/1810013275268022 ... 1490606478
and the texconv.exe is in the installed dir / and the normal maps and other textures are showing correctly when i click on them in the tool...

*the problem stuck with mesh when i try to preview them, this error messages pop-up one after an other !
HeliosAI
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by HeliosAI »

If you want to export without preview use this without expanding the 'Mesh' node:
It will still show you one error, but just click 'ok' a couple of times and it will still give you the .objs without crashing the whole program. Textures are not auto-extracted though.
W0lfy
beginner

Post by W0lfy »

o0Crofty0o wrote:Thanks so much for supporting this game!
I tried it on open Beta files and get the same error as ravenov, however exporting models when clicking on 'Mesh'->'Export All As' works fine :)
i tried your method to export the folder directly, the textures are exported with the .obj model too

Textures

.obj model (problem) no preview

i tried to load it in different 3D Program without any result !
maybe i'm a noob to edit something on that Obj file to correct it ?!

thanks
HeliosAI
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by HeliosAI »

I import the objs to Blender without a problem, they don't show in Noesis for me too. I don't know about other programs^^
striking
ultra-n00b

Post by striking »

Thank you MichaelDarkAngel.

I tried to use it for Rainbow with the UltraHD Textures installed and get images similar to this one:
The result changes randomly after I select a different texture and switch back.
Did anyone get similar images ?

I think that the resources are at different offsets compared to the version you used (and hopefully
not in a different format).
Is there an option to search for all resources without matching them to the stored indices ?
W0lfy
beginner

Post by W0lfy »

o0Crofty0o wrote:I import the objs to Blender without a problem, they don't show in Noesis for me too. I don't know about other programs^^
Dude i always make this mistake and it's forgeting blender, finally it work the model loaded correctly, thank you :wink:
and big thanks to MichaelDarkAngel :up: hope you can fix the preview problem to gain time and make it easy to know what you extract correctly thanks again ;)

if there is some new issus with other files, i will let you know
W0lfy
beginner

Post by W0lfy »

o0Crofty0o wrote:If you want to export without preview use this without expanding the 'Mesh' node:
It will still show you one error, but just click 'ok' a couple of times and it will still give you the .objs without crashing the whole program. Textures are not auto-extracted though.
-Can you try to export and import this one, in Blender;

****and i had this Error in blender !

!!
HeliosAI
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by HeliosAI »

It loads without error for me :)
In archive_next, after exporting the obj, make it load any texture. The error in blender appears when it cannot access the .mtl (comes with .obj) file because archive_next still uses it in some way. If you just click on any texture and then try to import the obj again in blender it should work.