Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

ARchive_neXt

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
HunterAP
advanced

Re: ARchive_neXt

Post by HunterAP »

When the tool is updated to support for Honor, would it support extracting animations into usable formats (like FBX)? Would love to get the awesome character combat animations.
SergeantJoe
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by SergeantJoe »

HunterAP wrote:When the tool is updated to support for Honor, would it support extracting animations into usable formats (like FBX)? Would love to get the awesome character combat animations.
Animation support for FH, AC, etc would be an incredible addition, but it's understandable if it's too much.
MaZTeR
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MaZTeR »

What's your guessed ETA when you get Rainbow Six: Siege models and textures extractable with the tool the soonest time? No hurries, just curious as I've been waiting for this for a long time and now it seems to be getting closer.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MichaelDarkAngel »

SergeantJoe wrote:
HunterAP wrote:When the tool is updated to support for Honor, would it support extracting animations into usable formats (like FBX)? Would love to get the awesome character combat animations.
Animation support for FH, AC, etc would be an incredible addition, but it's understandable if it's too much.
I've never been able to crack the Havok animation format. So, at this time, they are still off the map.
MaZTeR wrote:What's your guessed ETA when you get Rainbow Six: Siege models and textures extractable with the tool the soonest time? No hurries, just curious as I've been waiting for this for a long time and now it seems to be getting closer.
Currently working on Ghost Recon models. Probably tackle Rainbow Six models this weekend. Let's hope they're nothing like For Honor. Maybe sometime next week I'll be far enough along to release something for people to play around with.
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook
ARchive_neXt v4.03.27.0 Now Available!

"I intend to leave a memory of myself in the minds of others."
Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
W0lfy
beginner

Post by W0lfy »

Does it work with the Full Game "Ghost recon wildlands" ?, hope it's the same thing as the Beta files !
Thank you for your time & the others who are helping you...
SergeantJoe
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by SergeantJoe »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:I've never been able to crack the Havok animation format. So, at this time, they are still off the map.
This engine uses Havok? Interesting. Maybe the Havok SDK can help? It's got the source code to all the havok animation types as well as a lot of documentation. (the official program has been canceled but their website says we can still use it)

Also, if it's possible to isolate a single structured .hkx file, we can try feeding it through Tools/BatchProcess/AssetCc, the official program for converting havok files from binary to xml. That's what I did for Sleeping Dogs, problem is that the filetypes usually have some tiny customization to them, which is enough to break support with the vanilla tools.

In that same thread there's also a bunch of user-made converter programs with source code, (1) (2) but the same problem persist: slight game/version differences that I can't really do much about except try to muck around the hkx files with a hex editor.
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

A small sampling of Ghost Recon models...

Click for larger image

Click for larger image

Having trouble with models with multiple textures. Can't understand why.

[EDIT]Spoke too soon. Figured it out[/EDIT]
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
MaZTeR
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by MaZTeR »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:
SergeantJoe wrote:
I've never been able to crack the Havok animation format. So, at this time, they are still off the map.
MaZTeR wrote:What's your guessed ETA when you get Rainbow Six: Siege models and textures extractable with the tool the soonest time? No hurries, just curious as I've been waiting for this for a long time and now it seems to be getting closer.
Currently working on Ghost Recon models. Probably tackle Rainbow Six models this weekend. Let's hope they're nothing like For Honor. Maybe sometime next week I'll be far enough along to release something for people to play around with.
Very nice, looking forward to it.
GeekAndProud
ultra-n00b

Post by GeekAndProud »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:
Last I checked Havok was just a physics engine and not an animation system.
volfin
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by volfin »

GeekAndProud wrote:
MichaelDarkAngel wrote:
Last I checked Havok was just a physics engine and not an animation system.
It's both. https://www.havok.com/animation-studio/
RunaWhite
veteran

Post by RunaWhite »

SergeantJoe wrote:
MDA implemented a skeleton option in the tool for AC, but the full animation in fbx with weights is not there yet. However, someone managed to figure it out through the Raw Data that you can export with right-click... not sure if that can be sorted and converted @MDA? I know you re busy with other games and rl though, so I totally understand if that would be too complicated or even impossible to do in ARchive_neXt. Not sure if you actually spoke to the guy already.
W0lfy
beginner

Post by W0lfy »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:A small sampling of Ghost Recon models...

Click for larger image

Click for larger image

Having trouble with models with multiple textures. Can't understand why.

[EDIT]Spoke too soon. Figured it out[/EDIT]
No hurries, just curious, How long it remains for GRW tool(ARchive_neXt)... :?:
thanks for your time :)
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

ravenov wrote:No hurries, just curious, How long it remains for GRW tool(ARchive_neXt)... :?:
thanks for your time :)
Thought I was going to have a release a few minutes ago... However, I ran into some issues that I need to fix to make the program a little more stable. Hopefully I'll be able to do that relatively quickly.

With the upcoming release...
  • Everything will be working for Ghost Recon:Wildlands (as tested with the Beta version of the game files).
  • For Honor and Rainbow Six Siege currently support image viewing/exporting only.
Thanks for your patience,
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
MichaelDarkAngel
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Now Available!!!

ARchive_neXt v4.03.26.4

Now include full support for Ghost Recon:Wildlands (based on the Beta version game files). Still a few things to iron out.

Also includes limited support (image viewing/exporting) for For Honor and Rainbow Six Siege (also based on the Beta version game files). Even the limited support isn't 100%.

This is a much larger download from previous versions, roughly 100 times larger, because of the included indexes that will be used for the upcoming search function. The immediate upside, because of these indexes, you will no longer need to hunt for textures prior to viewing/exporting models (currently only available for Ghost Recon:Wildlands). Once I am closer to having the other new games completed I'll start adding this function to previous games.

Steep support will be added in a future release.

Enjoy
MDA

Like TBotR on Facebook

Leonardo da Vinci,
disciple of experience
W0lfy
beginner

Post by W0lfy »

MichaelDarkAngel wrote:Now Available!!!

ARchive_neXt v4.03.26.4

Now include full support for Ghost Recon:Wildlands (based on the Beta version game files). Still a few things to iron out.

Also includes limited support (image viewing/exporting) for For Honor and Rainbow Six Siege (also based on the Beta version game files). Even the limited support isn't 100%.

This is a much larger download from previous versions, roughly 100 times larger, because of the included indexes that will be used for the upcoming search function. The immediate upside, because of these indexes, you will no longer need to hunt for textures prior to viewing/exporting models (currently only available for Ghost Recon:Wildlands). Once I am closer to having the other new games completed I'll start adding this function to previous games.

Steep support will be added in a future release.

Enjoy
thanks MichaelDarkAngel :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
and thanks for your time :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: