Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Shadow Of Mordor .arch05

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Ditta
n00b

Re: Shadow Of Mordor .arch05

Post by Ditta »

Morell wrote:Anyone able to find elf form of Sauron in those arch05 files? I found Morwen so I believe that he can be found as well.
I dare to join to the question - did anyone here find Lithariel, Black Hand, and caragors (the beasts)? When I played this game, I tried to find them, but with no luck. Such a lamer I am. Please upload them if you have, even raw OBJ without rigging will go, especially caragors.
Ditta
n00b

Post by Ditta »

gregkwaste wrote:I'm working on the explorer and i will upload it here.

I took a quick look on the textures and they are very easy to get

They are located into tex files and they are in dds format. Fortunately dds headers are included so its super easy to extract them.

I've added some more .mat and .tex files in the share folder.
Please, couldn't you share character textures for your extracted characters which you posted at xentax shares (Sauron, Talion, Celebrimbor, Zainzadan and Gollum), in tex format. I want to test the texture extractor tool on them and retexture meshes for 3ds Max. When I played this game, I couldn't find these tex files for their body and armor textures. Then I deleted the game and don't want to reinstall all these gigs of content just to find several missing files. I hope other more successful players have found the most valuable pieces of that content and would be very grateful for sharing.
vpzneox
ultra-n00b

Post by vpzneox »

Okay, is there by any chance some way to convert DDS Into the tex0?
Btw, Huge thanks to Everyone who's done research on this subject, Including erik945, who made the texture converter- now, just looking if there is a way to make Headers converted back?
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Well, if you need just to conver .dds into .tex (without packing them back into .arch05) I'm sure you can do this super easy xD Open .tex file in hexeditor and just copy first bytes of original .tex (before laters DDS) into your edited .dds file and change extention of your edited .dds to .tex and done lol Though, it will work if Shadow of Mordor works with extracted files, like Skyrim, Fallout does - if nope, then just converting .dds to .tex will not help you much
Making model-import scripts, PM
vpzneox
ultra-n00b

Post by vpzneox »

zaramot wrote:Well, if you need just to conver .dds into .tex (without packing them back into .arch05) I'm sure you can do this super easy xD Open .tex file in hexeditor and just copy first bytes of original .tex (before laters DDS) into your edited .dds file and change extention of your edited .dds to .tex and done lol Though, it will work if Shadow of Mordor works with extracted files, like Skyrim, Fallout does - if nope, then just converting .dds to .tex will not help you much
Hi, thank you for reply.
Any chance of a tutorial? Just in case it's possible - I am not good at understanding which parts to replace/ insert ( I got HexEd though)
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Well, I can try to make some screenshots in a sort of tutorial, though it's quite easy. Now I'm installing Shadow of Mordor to check if it will work xD But, from what I see for now it should work and texture editing is possible
vpzneox
ultra-n00b

Post by vpzneox »

That will be Greatly appreciated. Thank You =)
Not as Much interested in making folder readable by Game- just converting the texture.
zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot »

Hmm, why you want to convert textures then? I mean, convert them back into in-game "format"
vpzneox
ultra-n00b

Post by vpzneox »

Well, I got my Reasons)) Let's just say, I need it for Testing- and, as far as I know, Tex and Tex0 are not Only used in Shadow of Mordor =P
(Dam, I DO hope they make second game soon- but that's offtopic)
vpzneox
ultra-n00b

Post by vpzneox »

Well, no1? :roll:
vpzneox
ultra-n00b

Post by vpzneox »

All I am interested in is just converting the DDS to TEX0 and reimporting atm
Ditta
n00b

Post by Ditta »

Thanks to erik945 for his cool texture transformer script. I mastered this texture extraction at last and it was super-easy to run. For users of Windows 7 and similar Windows versions - if you want to run this script, you don't need to write complicated paths in the command line, just install Python 27, associate the .py extensuin with Python27.exe and then double-click the script. When you see the black console window of Python, write just the path to your directory with unpacked tex0 files, nothing more is required! The script converts all textures in a minute, even HD textures. I write this at the case if noobs like me have encountered some problems with running this script on Windows.
Just one question about textures once more - where to go for Marwen and Eryn models in the game archives? As far as I learned, there is seemingly no hd textures for these characters, but there must be their models with standard textures. Which arch05 should I explore for them?
For all who needs hi-res textures for your extracted characters, I extracted them and posted here - https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t= ... st51790047. Although they lack 3d models themselves, but they can be useful if you have the meshes of these models. I hope someday there will be a backward script to convert dds into tex automatically, it would be great.
walamo15
ultra-n00b

Post by walamo15 »

So how do i reimport the edited embb file into that arch05 file?
Horst Schimanski
ultra-n00b

Post by Horst Schimanski »

gregkwaste wrote:Ok after fixing the decompression issues, i managed to get the contents of the archives.

It seems like the archives contain other typeof containers. embb files.

Maybe someone has seen them before, i haven't.

Anyway embb files contain the actual raw files of the game.
I wrote a simple embb explorer in GTK python just to get a graphical view of the structure and i was able to get some files that i was most intersted in.

I've shared some orc files here :P

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7d9mhhbu8crq ... hWPFa?dl=0
Is fixation of decomp_data(...) published also in arch05explorer_gtk.py at https://bitbucket.org/gregkwaste/.arch05_explorer/src?
TSelman61X
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TSelman61X »

gregkwaste wrote:I could not help my self from taking a quick look on the files after my first minutes on this MAGNIFICENT game.

I don't know the engine that the game was built on, so i have no idea if there is a similar storage theme on the archives.

What i've found so far:

Some bundlexmls are defined at the start of any archive which contain data about the rest of the files in the archive, so i guess these have to be parsed first and i'll try to do that tomorrow. These xml files are zlib compressed.

I'm attaching 2 sample xmls i managed to decompress.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sygk3ov82wm1d ... xml05?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uew0m4r8twavk ... xml05?dl=0

There are also some .embb files which contain some names in there, have not checked it yet how they are used.

I'm excited to be honest, because i can clearly see some .mat some .mesh some .skel files which i'll investigate tomorrow.

-----------------------------------
.arch05 Explorer v0.2

Latest Version Download Link
https://bitbucket.org/gregkwaste/.arch0 ... r_v0.2a.7z

Repository
https://bitbucket.org/gregkwaste/.arch05_explorer/

ChangeLog v0.2:
-64 bit application, handles tha largest archives
-Fixed Naming Issues in embb
-Added embb file export support
I can not choose to export models. models do not export.
Although I do not command, I still do not export the models. It's not the only one.
can you help me. please
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.