Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Telltale Almost-All-In-One Model Importer

Post by RandomTBush »

RandomTBush wrote:Dangit, sounds like yet another case of inconsistent files between versions (wouldn't be the first time -- I've seen headered and unheadered versions of models that were from the same game, grumble grumble). Send me one of 'em through a PM so I can take a look. Or it could be that I goofed somewhere, though I was able to convert the textures for myself. Either way, I'll fix it.

But you were using the script correctly, judging by the screenshot, it's just that something went wrong (as usual).
Just as I figured, the textures had headers on 'em, which the script wasn't expecting. Dunno why the ones I used didn't have 'em when I extracted 'em myself, but it was a simple fix. Re-download the scripts and the textures should now properly extract:
https://mega.nz/#!fpZ3TBZb!ukbamTp-2qRp ... k4_Xfi2Hng

Thanks for bringing it up, jayko!
Cappu
n00b

Post by Cappu »

textures with a base color converted well, but the texture with black lines (sk62_clementine_accessories_detail.dds, sk62_clementine_babyCarrier_detail.dds and so on with _detail at the end) were converted incorrectly. they can be opened in photoshop, but they don't have an alpha channel where there should be black lines stroke and the picture is either all black or with random stripes. it seems these _detail files into something significantly different from other
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Cappu wrote:textures with a base color converted well, but the texture with black lines (sk62_clementine_accessories_detail.dds, sk62_clementine_babyCarrier_detail.dds and so on with _detail at the end) were converted incorrectly. they can be opened in photoshop, but they don't have an alpha channel where there should be black lines stroke and the picture is either all black or with random stripes. it seems these _detail files into something significantly different from other
Try using Noesis to convert those. They're using either the ATI1 DDS format (1 channel, greyscale-only) or ATI2 (2 channel, red/green), which many programs seem to have trouble opening. The latter may not be entirely correct compared to the former, but it's the only format that showed a proper image for those kinds of textures. I may have to look into it a bit more later.
Cappu
n00b

Post by Cappu »

RandomTBush wrote:Try using Noesis to convert those.
with Noesis all these files opened correctly, I was able to convert these files to tga format. Thank you.
jayko
advanced

Post by jayko »

Cappu wrote:
RandomTBush wrote:Try using Noesis to convert those.
with Noesis all these files opened correctly, I was able to convert these files to tga format. Thank you.
Do you have a link to Noesis? I'm having the same problem with TWD3 detail textures but I want to make sure I'm looking for the right program first.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

jayko wrote:Do you have a link to Noesis? I'm having the same problem with TWD3 detail textures but I want to make sure I'm looking for the right program first.
You can find it on Rich Whitehouse's page, first result on Google when you look up "Noesis program". :P
jayko
advanced

Post by jayko »

RandomTBush wrote:
jayko wrote:Do you have a link to Noesis? I'm having the same problem with TWD3 detail textures but I want to make sure I'm looking for the right program first.
You can find it on Rich Whitehouse's page, first result on Google when you look up "Noesis program". :P
Well *now* I feel silly. I'm so clueless about a lot of this stuff - haven't had a lot of luck with the textures, either. Glad that's all behind me, now, though XD
logansan25
veteran

Post by logansan25 »

RandomTBush wrote:Decided to take a bit of a detour to work on the Batman format instead. Just like I thought, it's definitely a variant on the Michonne format. Took all the header-parsing code that I did for that, changed a few things since there were indeed some differences, and...

...but I'm still trying to figure out why the UV mapping for those both aren't importing correctly. :bleh:
It´s working properly now?
jayko
advanced

Post by jayko »

logansan25 wrote:It´s working properly now?
I think it's just the texture mapping that needs to be fixed and then the TWDM update is done at least. Don't take my word for it, though.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

jayko wrote:
I think it's just the texture mapping that needs to be fixed and then the TWDM update is done at least. Don't take my word for it, though.
Yep. I'm seriously having a hard time trying to figure out why this isn't importing correctly. It better not be something like a minimum/maximum texture clamp that I need to locate and calculate...

This is currently the closest I've got. For some reason, it's centered (but only for certain models!) and even if it was aligned correctly, the height isn't correct (it basically takes up the whole canvas size, including the part for the hands at the bottom of the texture). Once I get that figured out, both of the new importers will be ready.
jayko
advanced

Post by jayko »

RandomTBush wrote:Yep. I'm seriously having a hard time trying to figure out why this isn't importing correctly. It better not be something like a minimum/maximum texture clamp that I need to locate and calculate...

This is currently the closest I've got. For some reason, it's centered (but only for certain models!) and even if it was aligned correctly, the height isn't correct (it basically takes up the whole canvas size, including the part for the hands at the bottom of the texture). Once I get that figured out, both of the new importers will be ready.
I know you can do it, man - you've nailed everything else so once you hit your stride you'll be done in no time :D

As for 'both' importers, does this mean that there's going to be a TWDM one, while Batman and TWD3 share the same one?
Maximmum
advanced

Post by Maximmum »

RandomTBush wrote:
jayko wrote:
Yep. I'm seriously having a hard time trying to figure out why this isn't importing correctly. It better not be something like a minimum/maximum texture clamp that I need to locate and calculate...

Hi RandomTBush i want to ask you a question, is it possible to somehow export Animations from telltale games(i mean .anm and .chore files), it would be really awesome if you add "Export Animation" to your script!
jayko
advanced

Post by jayko »

Maximmum wrote:Hi RandomTBush i want to ask you a question, is it possible to somehow export Animations from telltale games(i mean .anm and .chore files), it would be really awesome if you add "Export Animation" to your script!
As amazing as that would be, I think exporting animations is an entirely different ballgame to models and textures. But that's just my basic understanding - you'd have to hear confirmation from the man himself.
Escope12
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Escope12 »

Does anyone have these textures for Kenny (TWD2) The Face texture from Episode 2, The bandage texture without the blood, body texture from Episode 2, body texture covered in blood, and body texture from Episode 4, and the bandage detail texture?

Head: Image

Body: Image

Bandage: Image
jayko
advanced

Post by jayko »

Escope12 wrote:Does anyone have these textures for Kenny (TWD2)
Got some of them for you, I'm either not sure what the others meant or couldn't access them:
Escope12 wrote:The bandage texture without the blood,
http://i.imgur.com/rleKr9X.png
Escope12 wrote:body texture covered in blood,
http://i.imgur.com/EkLjBep.png
Escope12 wrote:and body texture from Episode 4
http://i.imgur.com/Coz1rA8.png