Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Armored Warfare .PAK

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
zer0her0
ultra-n00b

Re: Armored Warfare .PAK

Post by zer0her0 »

Markemp wrote:In your AW directory (mine is E:\MyGames\Armored Warfare MyCom Beta), there will be a gamesdk sub. All the .pak files are in there.

Copy them to a separate directory and extract using 7zip. Do NOT extract them into the original game directory.
Gah so simple thanks. Yea I'm not seeing any xml or cdf files that store that sort of info, wonder if it's in the dat file or similar. Thanks for the info again.
Nitro
ultra-n00b

Post by Nitro »

Andrakann wrote:
BAKMS wrote:Thank you.

I will try that;but from i remember of the .pak files the files are all .6 and .7 and I am not seeing the 0 - 5 files.
Off hand do remember where the 0 - 5 files are located?

I am specifically going after the M1a1 maps.
textures-0000.pak - SD-textures 0-5.
textures_hi-0000.pak - HD-textures 6-7.
Good way to detect which .pak contains textures you need is search for files with texture name inside, Total Commander can do this job.
I found text "m1a1_hull_damaged_d" in textures-0012.pak and textures_hi-0018.pak :)

If you convert models with cgf-converter, is good to use switch -objectdir "Q:\!_AW\gamezero" where "Q:\!_AW\gamezero" is your path to extracted game files (with folders "objects" and "textures" inside), this way you'll get correct path to textures inside .mtl-files.
I set cgf-converter.exe as default application for open .cgf, .cga and .chr files, but for adding command line parameter I have to edit windows registry and replace all "D:\Programs\CryEngine\cgf-converter.exe" "%1" with "D:\Programs\CryEngine\cgf-converter.exe" "%1" -objectdir "Q:\!_AW\gamezero" (your paths is differs of course).
After you convert all .cgf, .cga and .chr files in model folder, you'll need to select all materials (by mask *_mtl.mtl), right click selected and open in Notepad++ - this editor can replace text in multiple opened files at once (and folders, but I not test it).
Replace in all opened .mtl files "d 0.0000" to "d 1.0000" for making objects visible (it's transparency parameter).
Then replace (with "regular expressions" checked) "Kd (\d.*$)" by "Kd 1 1 1" for making diffuse colors white.
Also you can replace "diffuse" texture with "decal" texture by replacing "_d.dds" with "_sm.dds" because diffuse textures in game are just masks for shader, but "decal" texture contains scratches and labels:
(white materials slightly toned on this pic in attempt to recreate "jungle" camo from game)
I followed your post and I can convert and open textures fine, but how do you find a hull mesh of anyone tank?
I have extracted all the resources packs but I can find for any tank a hull mesh.. for example in resources-0006\objects\vehicles\afv\amx-10p there are amx-10p_hull.mtl and amx-10p_hull_damaged.mtl but there is no amx-10p_hull.cgf or similar..

Can you explain where exactly are hull meshes and what m I doing wrong?

Thanks

EDIT: I figured it out, the meshes for the hulls for any given tank are with .cga extention which is also opened by cgf-converter.

EDIT: Can you confirm that you can open amx-10p_hull_ddn.dds ? I can open any dds related to amx10p but this one does not show anything yet its 2.66MB ?
Andrakann
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Andrakann »

Nitro wrote:EDIT: I figured it out, the meshes for the hulls for any given tank are with .cga extention which is also opened by cgf-converter.

EDIT: Can you confirm that you can open amx-10p_hull_ddn.dds ? I can open any dds related to amx10p but this one does not show anything yet its 2.66MB ?
Also here's .chr files for tracks and suspension.

_ddn.dds are compressed with 3Dc method, instead of common DXT1-5. SAP Visual Enterprise Author (ex Deep Exploration) can open and convert them, 3ds max should too, XnView doesn't.
Nitro
ultra-n00b

Post by Nitro »

Thanks a lot, i'll see what I can do.
Andrakann
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Andrakann »

Markemp wrote:
zer0her0 wrote:Don't mean to hi-jack this thread but i'm a total newb at this stuff. I was hoping to scrape the data for 2 things, possibly higher resolution minimaps & scrape for tank data (i.e. get the stats into a db or a json file or some such). Any guidance will be greatly helpful!
Tank data is probably stored in xml or cdf files. Check in the respective Objects\Vehicles\<vehicle name> directory for those types of files. They'll be text, not binary.

The minimaps... not sure where those will be. I'll dig around and see what I can find. Do you have map names? Even generic names will help me search.
All this info is stored in gamedata.dat which is secure SFFS container, you can see it's content example in old gamedata.pak from alpha-version of game.
For unpacking gamedata.dat you can try this tool, archive is passworded (pass: aw) from antiviruses, but I tested all files with virustotal - nothing really suspicious inside, but there's no any warranty.

All info and links is taken from russian forum.
Tibor76
ultra-n00b

Post by Tibor76 »

In the Armored Warfare there is *.pak extension file. I can open these files with the PakDecrypt_aw_ru.exe application and i can make *.zip form *.pak file. After i edited the *.zip file how can i convert back to *.pak the file again?