Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Beyond: Two Souls - Reversing | Porting (THAT'S ALL FOLKS?)

Programs that are related to this or that game.
ngovandang
veteran

Re: Beyond: Two Souls - Reversing | Porting (THAT'S ALL FOLK

Post by ngovandang »

HugoPeters wrote:
ngovandang wrote:Hello, anyone can share to me Jodie Holmes model? :P
No.
Why? T.T)
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by lionheartuk »

ngovandang wrote:
HugoPeters wrote:
ngovandang wrote:Hello, anyone can share to me Jodie Holmes model? :P
No.
Why? T.T)
If you want it rip it yourself, this forum doesn't rip models and share them with eachother, its against forum rules to share content we do not own, especially if we've no idea if the requesting party owns them. Its simply copyright law, don't share.
d875j
advanced

Post by d875j »

Kinda confused so does this mean the port still can happen. i heard PS4 port is coming and after that then said they wouldn't care after they get their profit.
patloonytoon
ultra-n00b

Post by patloonytoon »

Pretty bummed about all this great work not going to be released. Noticed it seems impossible to even get older versions. I really like QuanticDreams but wish they were a bit more accepting of fan creations. Back to the drawing board I guess :/
HugoPeters
veteran

Post by HugoPeters »

patloonytoon wrote:Pretty bummed about all this great work not going to be released. Noticed it seems impossible to even get older versions. I really like QuanticDreams but wish they were a bit more accepting of fan creations. Back to the drawing board I guess :/
To be fair, I took down most of what I released online voluntarily, Quantic Dream never forced me to anything, they only asked me to stop working on it. I removed the content because I wanted to sustain a healthy relation with QD.

"I'm going to throw my shit at you" —The Great Mighty Poo
_______________________>> check my portfolio I wish the [center] bbcode was turned on
_______________________>> or my twitter
mirh
n00b

Post by mirh »

HugoPeters wrote:cause I wanted to sustain a healthy relation with QD.
Implying there's a relation with QD atm? :ninja:
odrin
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by odrin »

qd only cares about keeping their ip safe and secure. if it was possible to do it through diplomacy and implied future support(aka lies), then even better.

don't expect them to give fuck all to the pc community. beyond two souls will never see the light of existence on the pc platform.

and you delete loads of hard work for nothing.

ps whoever notified qd, shame on you for dashing this poor boy's dreams and efforts.
HugoPeters
veteran

Post by HugoPeters »

odrin wrote:qd only cares about keeping their ip safe and secure. if it was possible to do it through diplomacy and implied future support(aka lies), then even better.

don't expect them to give fuck all to the pc community. beyond two souls will never see the light of existence on the pc platform.

and you delete loads of hard work for nothing.

ps whoever notified qd, shame on you for dashing this poor boy's dreams and efforts.
No worries or hate towards QD... I'm still in contact with them, and have at least got an internship once I reach that point in my bachelor, and possibly a job after that!
And I bet they would "give a fuck" about the PC community if Sony wasn't paying them good money to keep the games exclusive to their platform :wink:
[Edit] Btw, QD was notified from within the company. Someone inside found this thread, then linked it through to the Co-CEO, who contacted me.

_______________________>> check my portfolio I wish the [center] bbcode was turned on
mirh
n00b

Post by mirh »

HugoPeters wrote:And I bet they would "give a fuck" about the PC community if Sony wasn't paying them good money to keep the games exclusive to their platform :wink:
To be honest, the official rationale is that «Sony provides so much creative freedom that the studio isn’t even thinking of partnering with anyone else»
and that «[they] wouldn’t be working with Sony as a publisher [by going multi-platform]».

Which technically can either simply imply Sony is not going to publish on other platforms (in which case QD is free to use, let's say their GOG and Steam accounts)
or that they are the evil and oblige the lock down to the single platform.

And for as odd as it sounds, it's not like there ain't already lots of games sponsored by Sony with "console exclusive" tagline.
So imo, this is a pretty big unknown

They also say that «sticking with PlayStation allows the team to focus on one platform and get the best out of it» and that's imo the most possibly concrete argument, but I believe that your work somewhat question this assertion (and I mean.. kudos to their engine for this pretty high level abstraction).
... deep down I feel they already know these things, be it PC hardware or modding capabilities. Hopefully with time there'll be more people recognizing this ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

HugoPeters wrote:[Edit] Btw, QD was notified from within the company. Someone inside found this thread, then linked it through to the Co-CEO, who contacted me.
I feel like having shared this on reddit and PCSX2 boards may have helped just a little bit to raise attentions :erm:
hoang vinh
n00b

Post by hoang vinh »

The ps4 remastered is released today, we have 2 option from the start: play original way or chronicle order. It seem the work of your made them to do that.
:wink: sorry my bad english
Fr4gMovi3
ultra-n00b

Post by Fr4gMovi3 »

Please release model/texture extractor
U+0300l
ultra-n00b

Post by U+0300l »

HugoPeters wrote:
patloonytoon wrote:Pretty bummed about all this great work not going to be released. Noticed it seems impossible to even get older versions. I really like QuanticDreams but wish they were a bit more accepting of fan creations. Back to the drawing board I guess :/
To be fair, I took down most of what I released online voluntarily, Quantic Dream never forced me to anything, they only asked me to stop working on it. I removed the content because I wanted to sustain a healthy relation with QD.
So let me get this straight - You just scrapped every progress made so far, for a pat on the back and non-existent, one-way relation with QD? Wow, good job there, son. :roll:

I know C# but not much about 3D, but maybe I can try do it myself. Open sourced. At least it's worth trying. If somebody have older versions stored somewhere on their drives so I could pick them up and do faster research, please PM me. [roll]
HugoPeters
veteran

Post by HugoPeters »

U+0300l wrote:
HugoPeters wrote:
So let me get this straight - You just scrapped every progress made so far, for a pat on the back and non-existent, one-way relation with QD? Wow, good job there, son. :roll:

I know C# but not much about 3D, but maybe I can try do it myself. Open sourced. At least it's worth trying. If somebody have older versions stored somewhere on their drives so I could pick them up and do faster research, please PM me. [roll]
"Non-existent, one-way relation with QD", meanwhile I'm having technical discussions with them and my internship is set.

U+0300l
ultra-n00b

Post by U+0300l »

HugoPeters wrote: meanwhile I'm having technical discussions with them and my internship is set.

That may or may not be true. They could hire you after your internship ends, not hire you at all, or fire after a month. I don't really care.

I guess all of this was your work so you had the full right to remove it. That doesn't change the fact that it was a selfish move, and now this project is fully dead. You could just leave it somewhere, remove all your references to it (like email/credits) and somebody else would happily pick it up where it ended. Especially when QD didn't even wanted you to remove it.
Just look at your signature. What's the point in advertising something/getting donations for it and then simply canceling it? There, I said it. I'm just pissed how it all went down.
HugoPeters
veteran

Post by HugoPeters »

U+0300l wrote:
HugoPeters wrote: meanwhile I'm having technical discussions with them and my internship is set.

That may or may not be true. They could hire you after your internship ends, fire you after a month. I don't really care.

I guess all of this was your work so you had the full right to remove it. That doesn't change the fact that it was selfish, and now this project is fully dead. You could just leave it somewhere, remove all your references to it (like name/redits) and somebody else would happily pick it up where it ended. Especially when QD didn't even wanted you to remove it. Just look at your signature. What's the point in advertising something and then simply canceling it? There, I said it. Best of luck in your new job. I'm just pissed how it all went down.
You know what is selfish? If QD asked me to stop porting and I kept the assets up.
You know what else is selfish? Venting to someone who decided to cancel their own project which means that you can't have it for your own benefit.

For the record, I haven't taken down the videos, which were the only things I released of the port in the first place lol, no one has the source or builds of it (except some people close to me, but those are deeply obfuscated and they wouldn't share them anyways).

Your anger and arrogance are quite misplaced here, I understand you might be disappointed that the project is off the table for now, but you completely seem to ignore my perspective, and since this was my own project that is the only thing that matters.

Also the banner in my signature I simply didn't bother to remove, I think it looks quite nice : )