Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Telltale Almost-All-In-One Model Importer

Post by RandomTBush »

jediyoshi wrote:Where does the Textures folder go exactly? Got them converted and the rigged model up but having issues getting textures auto applied. Thanks
If you want the textures to auto-load, make a new folder called "Textures" in the same folder as the D3DMesh/SKL files (sorry, I'm a neat freak) and put the DDS files in there. Unfortunately, this only works for the older Telltale games in the list, because for whatever reason they changed it to "hashed" names in The Wolf Among Us and onward, which means you'll have to apply those textures to the models manually. If someone else can figure out how to decipher those into proper filenames, then the same thing could be done for the bone names as well.
ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo »

The script has worked on the Borderlands models I've tried so far in Max10 (haven't looked at them all). Wondering how you extracted the Game of Thrones files though. Aluigi's ttarchext doesn't seem to support it yet (unless I'm blind on the latest version).
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

ssringo wrote:The script has worked on the Borderlands models I've tried so far in Max10 (haven't looked at them all). Wondering how you extracted the Game of Thrones files though. Aluigi's ttarchext doesn't seem to support it yet (unless I'm blind on the latest version).
I used the key that Haoose posted in this topic to unpack the archives.
ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo »

Thanks for help Random. Tried a few GoT models this morning and they all imported (Max10). Will have more time over the weekend to test them out.
ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo »

Spent a bit more time with the GoT models. They're importing just fine and textures apply properly. I have run into one issue though and I'm not sure if it's an importer issue or something I can just fix myself (I'm no expert either). Here is a screen of Mira's model

As you can see, her arm is quite blocky. I also saw this on Cersei's hands.

Edit: I thought forum would scale down the image automatically. Resized it so it's not so massive but you can still see the issue.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

ssringo wrote:Spent a bit more time with the GoT models. They're importing just fine and textures apply properly. I have run into one issue though and I'm not sure if it's an importer issue or something I can just fix myself (I'm no expert either). Here is a screen of Mira's model

*image*

As you can see, her arm is quite blocky. I also saw this on Cersei's hands.

Edit: I thought forum would scale down the image automatically. Resized it so it's not so massive but you can still see the issue.
That's actually how some of the models are for some reason, but the normals (which I'm not sure how to import correctly for most of the games) mask that. It's actually fairly easy to fix. Add a "Vertex Weld" modifier and put the threshold to about 0.000001 or so, just enough so that it won't weld things it's not supposed to, and then drag it underneath the "Skin" modifier. This should fix the blockiness. You'll have to do this for each polygon group individually, but it shouldn't take more than a minute.
Cappu
n00b

Post by Cappu »

The script works fine. I got one error while importing this file: sk54_kroger_head.d3dmesh (Tales from the Borderlands)
The error occurs on the 3ds Max 2015 and 2009.
0001.jpg
The file that is causing the error, I attached to next post
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cappu
n00b

Post by Cappu »

The file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Cappu wrote:The script works fine. I got one error while importing this file: sk54_kroger_head.d3dmesh (Tales from the Borderlands)
The error occurs on the 3ds Max 2015 and 2009.
*image*
The file that is causing the error, I attached to next post
Fixed it! It was due to a vertex length setup that I didn't have programmed in, re-download the script and it should import just fine now!
Cappu
n00b

Post by Cappu »

It works without errors. Thank you.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

I've added support for Law & Order Legacies and Jurassic Park now.
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

I've finally found the proper values for correcting the UV mapping for Telltale's newer games (Jurassic Park/Law & Order Legacies, Poker Night 2, The Walking Dead Season 1/2, The Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands/Game of Thrones), there should be no more issues with it now. Re-download the not-even-bothered-to-be-encrypted-this-time-since-it's-pointless script for that.

If there's any other problems, let me know so I can fix it.
raykingnihong
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by raykingnihong »

Hi RandomTBush My friend, thank you very much for the great work
Nerd42
beginner

Post by Nerd42 »

I'm trying to extract textures from Poker Night 2. Not models ... just textures. I guess the trouble is the d3dtx files are missing some kind of header? Will this script add that header?
RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush »

Nerd42 wrote:I'm trying to extract textures from Poker Night 2. Not models ... just textures. I guess the trouble is the d3dtx files are missing some kind of header? Will this script add that header?
It should, yes, as long as you use the right option for it (and don't try to convert more than 500 at a time). Either way, now that I understand how QuickBMS works, I'll be writing up a conversion script for that program sometime soon, if the 3DS Max one doesn't work for you.