Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Disney Infinity .DCT (DICT) files

Need help translating games in other languages? Have your language problems solved here.
AchillesPDX
beginner

Disney Infinity .DCT (DICT) files

Post by AchillesPDX »

Hey guys, I'm playing around inside Disney Infinity and would love to have the dictionary files in some kind of easier-to-read-and-understand format. All the descriptions and other text is in here in plain text, but it's clearly some sort of database file (perhaps an SQL derivative?)

If anyone can help make sense out of this, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0y8aw ... sc_ps3.dct
merlinsvk
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Disney Infinity .DCT (DICT) files

Post by merlinsvk »

You can use Jenner's DCT tool for PURE. It's the same format.

Just drag .dct file on pure.exe and wait for generated .txt. Compilation of translated texts works the same.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AchillesPDX
beginner

Post by AchillesPDX »

You're a god among men, you know that, right? I searched for anything DCT related and didn't come up with squat, so thank you!

It's too bad that it's an unorganized mess though, nothing is logically organized at all. Oh well, still helpful!
thisrock84
ultra-n00b

Post by thisrock84 »

Hi,
I want to translate Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two. This tool can Extract 2 files but I think dat file is different than Pure game. So after Compile the file, the game not running and its not work for me. Have you got any idea?
AbsoluteZero
n00b

Post by AbsoluteZero »

thisrock84 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:01 pm Hi,
I want to translate Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two. This tool can Extract 2 files but I think dat file is different than Pure game. So after Compile the file, the game not running and its not work for me. Have you got any idea?
Open the .dat file generated by the PURE tool and add this to the end:

Code: Select all

#0|6500#0|6501#0|6502#0|6503
The game should now launch correctly. It seems this happens because Disney Interactive added extra data to the end of the DCT files. For some reason the PURE tool doesn't pick this up when decompiling, but it does pick it up when compiling (if you add it back).