Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Dishonored 2 models and textures

Get your graphics formats figures out here! Got details for others? Post here!
DV9 x Drillz
ultra-n00b

Re: Dishonored 2 models and textures

Post by DV9 x Drillz »

is the texture coverter and model importer the same file?
AlexNG
n00b

Post by AlexNG »

DV9 x Drillz wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:32 pm is the texture coverter and model importer the same file?
Texture converter and importer are obviously different tools, but my version of the importer includes the texture converter exe file and automatically calls it to convert specific textures it needs, instead of requiring all textures to be converted beforehand.
DV9 x Drillz
ultra-n00b

Post by DV9 x Drillz »

AlexNG wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:16 pm
DV9 x Drillz wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:32 pm is the texture coverter and model importer the same file?
Texture converter and importer are obviously different tools, but my version of the importer includes the texture converter exe file and automatically calls it to convert specific textures it needs, instead of requiring all textures to be converted beforehand.
Ahhhh i see, thanks for clarifying
MackMasterMimik
ultra-n00b

Post by MackMasterMimik »

Hey guys, the pak tools link is not working anymore, does anyone have the tool?
And what was it, you use the pak tool to unpack the files and then use the blender import script, and you are done? Thanks in advance!
Generosity
ultra-n00b

Post by Generosity »

Join the previous request. Thank you in advance
MackMasterMimik
ultra-n00b

Generosity wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:50 am Join the previous request. Thank you in advance
What do you mean by that? I'm new here
MackMasterMimik
ultra-n00b

I figured the whole process out:

Download Quick BMS

Download the dishonored bm script, which is in this thread

Launch the QuickBMS 4gb EXE and follow the instructions in the CMD (locate the dishonored bms script, locate the input directory [which is game_1.resource file] and then output [where you wanna unpack the game] and do the same for game_2.resources and game_3.resource)

Download blender 2.8 or 2.82 and install the io_dishonroed blender add-on (link is in this thread as well).

In Blender>File>Import>find any .bwm file (which is a level of the game) and add it. Make sure you play around with the import settings on the right side (the quality of the import). The same process can be done with individual character models.

Done!

The only thing I'm struggling with is that I can import all textures from the "escape the dunwall tower" mission. On the other .bwm files, it only loads some textures partially. I saw that the problem is either a faulty Blender material (which is easy to fix) or the material is empty in the first place. I think this happens because it uses materials from the other .bwm files, which are not imported anymore. Does anyone have an idea?

Also, when unpacking the game files, should we unpack them in the same folder, or create a different folder for every .resource file of the game?

Cheers.
AlexNG
n00b

Post by AlexNG »

MackMasterMimik wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:25 am Also, when unpacking the game files, should we unpack them in the same folder, or create a different folder for every .resource file of the game?
All resource files should be unpacked into the same folder, or you will get missing references. I don't remember the details, but there definitely are cases where maps/models from one resource file need data from a different one.
aruspex66
ultra-n00b

Post by aruspex66 »

Hey, I stumbled upon this thread after hours of searching.
I'm trying to modify in-game values in DH2 such as maximum bullet capacity, walk speed, power durations. I love the games but they're too easy and I'd like to make it ultra hard.
For original Dishonored, a user named Tautologist released a Field Editor tool that does exactly what I need, I'm hoping to find a way to tweak the values in the same way for DH2. I've been mucking about with QuickBMS and digging for where the values for maximum bullet capacity, walk speed, power durations etc.. but haven't had any luck

Also, if anyone needs help using Tautologist's tool for DH1 I can point you in the right direction, it takes a little work to figure it out and I hate to post without 'contributing' something as well. His tool is amazing and it's breathed a lot more life into DH1 for me

EDIT: I have finally found them in the .../generated/decls folder and was able to edit the values, like mana regen delay and was able to re-import the .resources files without any errors in QuickBMS but replacing the game1.resources file with the repackaged one results in a CTD. Trying to figure out if I've done something wrong or if Arkane has some kind of protections in place that keeps edited files from loading up
themooingfeebas
ultra-n00b

Post by themooingfeebas »

Hey, with the most recent import tool (the one that works with blender 2.8x) I can't seem to import character models from Death of the Outsider? Dishonored 2 models and models from Death of the Outsider that aren't characters work without an issue though, so I'm pretty lost on what to do.
AlexNG
n00b

Post by AlexNG »

themooingfeebas wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:45 am I can't seem to import character models from Death of the Outsider?
I guess I need to look at that game. By pure coincidence I've just happened to buy a bigger hard drive, so fortunately I don't need to find something to delete in order to install it anymore.
AlexNG
n00b

Post by AlexNG »

themooingfeebas wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:45 am I can't seem to import character models from Death of the Outsider?
Here is a fixed version of the importer - turned out to require a one line fix for a tiny difference in file structure.

Also confirmed it still works in Blender 2.93, so the script supports both 2.8 and 2.9.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ceephax
ultra-n00b

Post by ceephax »

Hello guys!!
I've extracted textures with the tool by Volfin, then converted to dds and everything is perfect exept normal textures. They look like mess, anyone knows how to fix the issue?? :(( When i try to resave it in Nvidia Texture tool exporter in normal format i see Opengl normal texture, but seems the lack of info and still the tool does not save the normal opengl format. In channels i see some kind of height in bad resolution.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AlexNG
n00b

Post by AlexNG »

Dishonored 2 doesn't use the blue channel, the Z coordinate of the normal is computed in the shader based on X and Y - see the Blender materials generated by my importer. That means the textures don't contain that data since the game doesn't need it.

Edit: to be more specific, it actually uses a more complicated parabolic normal encoding, as described in this article (there is actually a reference to it in the game shader comments). The final normal is basically:

Code: Select all

normalize(vec3(n.xy, 1.001f - saturate(dot(n.xy, n.xy)))
Giebels2609
ultra-n00b

Post by Giebels2609 »

Hey there,

I'v been using the io_scene_Dishonored2-v2_02.zip for a day now and it used to work great but now it throws an error because of one bloody line of code I cant figure out how to fix. It's line 143 in the materials.py file.

The error message is posted bellow. Sorry for starting up an old thread again but didn't know where else to ask.

Code: Select all

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.1\scripts\addons\io_scene_Dishonored2\__init__.py", line 216, in execute
    result = entbuilder.build_entities(context.view_layer, context.collection, filepath)
  File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.1\scripts\addons\io_scene_Dishonored2\entities.py", line 393, in build_entities
    self.build_entity(info, entity)
  File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.1\scripts\addons\io_scene_Dishonored2\entities.py", line 356, in build_entity
    obj = self.build_object(info, entity)
  File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.1\scripts\addons\io_scene_Dishonored2\entities.py", line 323, in build_object
    obj = self.build_lwo_model(info, entity, modinfo, model)
  File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.1\scripts\addons\io_scene_Dishonored2\entities.py", line 201, in build_lwo_model
    return self.build_lwo_mesh(model, self.get_custom_materials(modinfo))
  File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.1\scripts\addons\io_scene_Dishonored2\entities.py", line 184, in build_lwo_mesh
    obj,_ = self.build_mesh(filename, materials=mats)
  File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.1\scripts\addons\io_scene_Dishonored2\models.py", line 333, in build_mesh
    obj,info = super().build_mesh(filename, bone_map, modinfo, materials)
  File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.1\scripts\addons\io_scene_Dishonored2\models.py", line 296, in build_mesh
    self.set_object_materials(obj, materials)
  File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.1\scripts\addons\io_scene_Dishonored2\models.py", line 244, in set_object_materials
    check_object_invisible(obj)
  File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.1\scripts\addons\io_scene_Dishonored2\materials.py", line 143, in check_object_invisible
    obj.cycles_visibility.shadow = False
AttributeError: 'Object' object has no attribute 'cycles_visibility'