Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Help- Need models from PS2 game

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
DarkScion
veteran

Help- Need models from PS2 game

Post by DarkScion »

Hey everybody,
I am trying to pull the models from the PS2 game Shijyou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi - Gekitou! Ragnarok Hachikengou. The file structure on the disk is fairly straightforward, and I have found what I think is the three folders containing the textures and models. The only problem is the files are in two formats I have never heard of before: .HD, .BD, and .TQ. Each folder, SEHD (.HD), SETQ (.TQ), and SEBD (.BD) contain two files per character: a (name)00 and (name)01. The only problem is I can't attach the files, so I will have to find another way to share them with you. If anyone can help me convert these files to something useable, preferrably .max, .3ds, .obj, .fbx, or .dae, That would be great. Thanks!

EDIT: I uploaded the entire model file structure to megaupload, zipped. Here is the link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D0UT5UFQ
Thanks
DarkScion
veteran

Re: Help- Need models from PS2 game

Post by DarkScion »

EDIT
Last edited by DarkScion on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

you only posted yesterday people do have jobs and more to do then reverse file formats.
Also post on either sendspace or mediafire that are free and have no waiting.
DarkScion
veteran

Post by DarkScion »

Thanks for responding, even if you didn't help me. I understand people have jobs and such, but I have seen other similar posts get good answers within a day. Perhaps you could help me reverse engineer these models?
Thanks,
DarkScion
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

You want help and you dent even listen to the post i made.
DarkScion
veteran

Post by DarkScion »

I did listen, but I already uploaded the files to megaupload, which is free to download from, and has better download bandwidth than the other two. If it helps, though, I will post on mediafire. By the way, Chroxx, The other post I made (which you deleted... TWICE) was even more important than this one, and didn't break any rules that I can see. Please let me replace it.
Thanks,
DarkScion

EDIT: Here is the mediafire link.
http://www.mediafire.com/?z852zch2zhccdjz
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

I dont care post them. These look like sound effect files and not models and textures there must be more files on the disc.
DarkScion
veteran

Post by DarkScion »

Have you looked at all of the files? It wouldn't make sense that they would have 3 different formats for the same type of file. I will look around the disc more though, and post the rest of the files.

EDIT: This might make it easier. I will list the entire contents of the game disc, and maybe we can pinpoint the model and texture files. Also, The game is textured through cell-shading. The DUMMY folder contains:
DUMMY0.DAT
DUMMY0_0.DAT
DUMMY0_1.DAT
DUMMY1.DAT

The MODULES Folder contains a large number of .IRX files, probably part of the game programming.

The SND folder contains the three folders I already uploaded.

The STR folder contains:

ED00.PSS
OP00.PSS
OP01.PSS
Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

data.afs must contain the files there are afs extractors out there.
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

if you see some finny logo thing or a logo that says CRI, its a good bet it uses AFS. afs was a file system created to speedup the reading of data on the PS1, being it used CDs.. which read slow.

now a days its less common that you see AFS being used, but sometimes newer games still use them..

anyway heres an extractor
http://www.filefront.com/3633315/AFS-Ex ... re-license

best just upload the whole AFS though, cause it look like your not too good at guessing the model files lol ;)
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
DarkScion
veteran

Post by DarkScion »

Thanks Mario for responding.
I used the extractor you gave me, and it shows a grouping of "chr" named files in the DATA.AFS file. I don't really understand how to use this program very well though, so I will just upload the files. It will take a bit, as they are in total 333 mb and my upload speed is crap.
Thanks for the help,
DarkScion
mariokart64n
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mariokart64n »

I was a bit curious so downloaded the ISO, and had a peek. the file names in the AFS are all stripped, OR the AFS is slightly different, so maybe all AFSexplorer can see is folder names ?? donno

but found an actual character file and it seemed encrypted. but I've seen this setup before in bloodyRoar4 and I believe king of fighters 2006 was the same. chrrox would know more about this, its a renderware game.

the file is pretty standard to BR4 tho, you have a general container with names, stated clearly are DFF and TXD, common renderware formats. then the rest of the file is completely encrypted solid!

sorry I can't help beyond this, but least thats the low down on the game files. and anyone with more knowledge of the format would be able to help you.

keep in mind that the GTA forums have tools for dealing with earlier versions of DFF model files and TXD texture
Maxscript and other finished work I've done can be found on my DeviantArt account
DarkScion
veteran

Post by DarkScion »

Thanks for your help, Mario. Chroxx, do you have any idea what do do with these files? I willl google the file extension, and see if I can get a converter.
Thanks again,
DarkScion

EDIT: By the way, Mario, how did you get the model and texture files out of the AFS? I don't know how to do that with the program you gave me. I exported one of the chr files, and got a chr file that had no extension. What do I do next?
Thanks!
chrrox

Post by chrrox »

The files are compressed it is using the same compression as bloody roar 4. I have decompressed the files they are renderware dff models.
Here is a sample if you want to play around with trying different tools on the internet on it.

i managed to convert one model

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DarkScion
veteran

Post by DarkScion »

Wow, Chrrox... you are awesome. The only things I need to know are:
(1) How you extract the texture/model files from the AFX file... the program Mario gave me is confusing, and only produces extension-less files.

(2) What program you used to convert the models/textures.

I can do the rest.
Thanks,
DarkScion