Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Jurassic World Evolution

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
TheDragon
ultra-n00b

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by TheDragon »

Hi, I was doing a project for school and was wondering if there was a possibility of getting or extracting the dying triceratops model from evolution???
TPTech
ultra-n00b

Post by TPTech »

I've never used a tool like this before - and maybe I'm doing this wrong. I downloaded the rar and extracted it. I now have a folder with 3 files in it.
  • fmt_xps_ascii.py
  • JurassicWE
  • zlib.net.dll
I drag my ovl from the JW Evolution game files on to JurassicWE. It opens a command prompt, creates a folder with the name of the OVL then closes the command prompt. The folder is empty though.
robd123
ultra-n00b

Post by robd123 »

TPTech wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:20 am I've never used a tool like this before - and maybe I'm doing this wrong. I downloaded the rar and extracted it. I now have a folder with 3 files in it.
  • fmt_xps_ascii.py
  • JurassicWE
  • zlib.net.dll
I drag my ovl from the JW Evolution game files on to JurassicWE. It opens a command prompt, creates a folder with the name of the OVL then closes the command prompt. The folder is empty though.

You're doing it right after dragging it onto the exe file it should display the prompt and then create a number of texture files and a obj file in the folder it creates. I just tried it myself and it doesn't work for me either. I almost have a suspicion the Frontier may have patched the code to prevent the tool from working.
Mcflyhigh1
beginner

Post by Mcflyhigh1 »

robd123 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:58 am
TPTech wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:20 am I've never used a tool like this before - and maybe I'm doing this wrong. I downloaded the rar and extracted it. I now have a folder with 3 files in it.
  • fmt_xps_ascii.py
  • JurassicWE
  • zlib.net.dll

You're doing it right after dragging it onto the exe file it should display the prompt and then create a number of texture files and a obj file in the folder it creates. I just tried it myself and it doesn't work for me either. I almost have a suspicion the Frontier may have patched the code to prevent the tool from working.

Yep the tool crash with the last DLC Dinos, all other still working
robd123
ultra-n00b

Post by robd123 »

It actually doesn't seem to be working with any of the dinos now regardless of whether they're DLC or not. My guess is they stealth patched it since there's nothing in the patch notes about it. So yeah, RIP model converter.
TPTech
ultra-n00b

Post by TPTech »

robd123 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:09 pm It actually doesn't seem to be working with any of the dinos now regardless of whether they're DLC or not. My guess is they stealth patched it since there's nothing in the patch notes about it. So yeah, RIP model converter.
Sad news! I guess I was a month or so too late to this tool. :(
Mcflyhigh1
beginner

Post by Mcflyhigh1 »

Nope the JWE Tool works still... it just dosn't work with Claire's DLC Dinos... i convert it good like everyday and it worked every time
Mcflyhigh1
beginner

Post by Mcflyhigh1 »

Any Updates about animations or skin scales and wrinkles ?!?!?!?!
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

Can you please add support for Planet zoo?
an example of ovl-ovs_
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1zhu4ls7 ... e.rar/file
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

fil1969 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:24 pm Can you please add support for Planet zoo?
sorry, not any soon
Harlequinz Eg0
ultra-n00b

Post by Harlequinz Eg0 »

Today is the day, Mod tools have been released after months of hard work by Hendrix, Neptune and I! Please head on over to the two pages for both the tool set and the blender plugin. Make sure to read both readme's as they contain installation, tutorials and troubleshooting instructions. Any issues can be reported to the bug tracker on the GitHub website. I hope you all enjoy the start of the modding scene for both Planet Zoo and Jurassic World Evolution!

https://github.com/OpenNaja/cobra-tools/releases

https://github.com/OpenNaja/cobra-blender/releases
Mcflyhigh1
beginner

Post by Mcflyhigh1 »

Any chance to open the new ovl's to get the newer models ?
MorgothZeONE
advanced

Post by MorgothZeONE »

Mcflyhigh1 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:47 am Any chance to open the new ovl's to get the newer models ?
yes actually, i tested it with the Albertosaurus and it worked
brmbgb
ultra-n00b

Post by brmbgb »

I'm having issues getting this new tool to work, following the instructions, I double click on the OVL_tool.bat, but nothing happens, it wont open for me. I'm not fully convinced I've got everything I need to get his going, could someone point me in the right direction or even just tell me how to get this to work, basically I want to change textures of some of the dinosaurs, so if I can extract the current textures to edit, I think it'll be a good start.
thanks.
Sharppy
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Sharppy »

Seems that the new DLC dont work with anything. All the old files should work fine.
Here is the truck to the new DLC if anyone wants to take a look at it. I tried Model Researcher, cant seem to find the algorithm.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12sZNRO ... sp=sharing
I was able to decompress the file using Barbasol. It crashes or does something and just produces a .DAT file.
Here is that file.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b0wjc7 ... sp=sharing