Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Horizon Zero Dawn

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by daemon1 »

New version will be published soon:

- animation names
- support for animations of human interacting with a robot (riding, attacks)
- scout support
parttimegamer15
advanced

Post by parttimegamer15 »

Thanks a lot for the effort in making these tools. Is anyone planning to port the models from this game? A while back there was a couple of models available in deviantArt in the xnalara section but haven't see any new ones for a while. Anyone willing to port as this game has got some amazing models?
Nguyen Thanh Tùng
beginner

Post by Nguyen Thanh Tùng »

Hi, is there anyone know that how to extract PS4 pkg file for this game?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Nguyen Thanh Tùng wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:00 am Hi, is there anyone know that how to extract PS4 pkg file for this game?
That depends, a retail Sony PKG is impossible with out its key, a fake PKG on the other hand is different, so pick that one, plenty info on Google how to achieve it in both obtaining a fake PS4 PKG of the game and how to unpack it.
Nguyen Thanh Tùng
beginner

mono24 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:52 am
Nguyen Thanh Tùng wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:00 am Hi, is there anyone know that how to extract PS4 pkg file for this game?
That depends, a retail Sony PKG is impossible with out its key, a fake PKG on the other hand is different, so pick that one, plenty info on Google how to achieve it in both obtaining a fake PS4 PKG of the game and how to unpack it.
You can ask for a link, I have no experience with ps4, Can you give me the download link?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Nguyen Thanh Tùng on Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

New tool version with improved animations support.

There are some important changes, so i decided to post this new version separately. After testing some robots, we found that most robot animation packages include about a half robot anims, and the other half is animations of a human interacting with that robot (riding, attacks etc). These required special treatment. The process remains the same, except extracting animation manager (step 3 in previous post).

When extracting animation manager, tool will now make 2 text files:

1. _anims_by_name.txt - this is list of all animation system elements with original names. They include parameters, groups, switches, all kind of data used in animation engine. Some of them will have links to actual animations, sometimes several. This is an example:

2. _anims_by_id.txt - reference list of all animation files with names used in previous list. If you sort that list, you can see where each file is used. Or use it to make batch-rename of the files to the names you want.

Tool will also create a number of "bone_setup" files which are needed to correctly convert animations to SMD. Some animations will work without them (like it was before), but many will require them to be in the same folder.

Animation files will be named with internal numbers instead of hashes. Each file will have sequential number (used in text lists described above) and bone setup number. For example in horse animation package there will be 180 animations ending with "5" which are horse animations, and 130 ones ending with "8" which are animations of aloy riding the horse. You can use this to sort the files so you can convert using correct skeleton.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nguyen Thanh Tùng
beginner

daemon1 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:15 pm New tool version with improved animations support.

There are some important changes, so i decided to post this new version separately. After testing some robots, we found that most robot animation packages include about a half robot anims, and the other half is animations of a human interacting with that robot (riding, attacks etc). These required special treatment. The process remains the same, except extracting animation manager (step 3 in previous post).

When extracting animation manager, tool will now make 2 text files:

1. _anims_by_name.txt - this is list of all animation system elements with original names. They include parameters, groups, switches, all kind of data used in animation engine. Some of them will have links to actual animations, sometimes several. This is an example:

2. _anims_by_id.txt - reference list of all animation files with names used in previous list. If you sort that list, you can see where each file is used. Or use it to make batch-rename of the files to the names you want.

Tool will also create a number of "bone_setup" files which are needed to correctly convert animations to SMD. Some animations will work without them (like it was before), but many will require them to be in the same folder.

Animation files will be named with internal numbers instead of hashes. Each file will have sequential number (used in text lists described above) and bone setup number. For example in horse animation package there will be 180 animations ending with "5" which are horse animations, and 130 ones ending with "8" which are animations of aloy riding the horse. You can use this to sort the files so you can convert using correct skeleton.
how to extract it ??
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Nguyen Thanh Tùng wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:31 pmhow to extract it ??
First post has all information you need, links are NOT allowed to be posted, simply google how to get a fake PKG of the game and how to extract it, then extract the PKG, you cant just expect everything to be handed out to you, do some search. ;)
GuillermoGatoto
ultra-n00b

Post by GuillermoGatoto »

Hi!

Does anyone know how to access the voice files?

I can't seem to find them after extracting everything with the tool. I think only sound effects like robot sounds and footsteps are extracted.

Thanks!
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

GuillermoGatoto wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:56 amDoes anyone know how to access the voice files?
Besides what you already have, nothing else is supported by the extraction tool.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

GuillermoGatoto wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:56 am Hi!

Does anyone know how to access the voice files?

I can't seem to find them after extracting everything with the tool. I think only sound effects like robot sounds and footsteps are extracted.

Thanks!
Voice files are extracted.
usabdt
advanced

Post by usabdt »

I do this right ??
Bladers
veteran

Post by Bladers »

daemon1 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:23 pm - most ingame animations are morpheme, and can be extracted with this tool
- some ingame animations and all cutscenes are in decima engine anim format, and can't be converted
- some animations are additive, they cannot be extracted properly
- the only non-supported robot is scout (watcher), will be fixed soon
Awesome job as always. Will see how i can work with this.
I also noticed that this uses morpheme (which QB uses). So it safe to say that this code can be adopted to handle quantum break for example?
But again, this is good, i will see how i can leverage this.
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Bladers wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:06 pm So it safe to say that this code can be adopted to handle quantum break for example?
No. I already checked QB and its using different type or morpheme compression, which was never seen in horizon
usabdt
advanced

Post by usabdt »

Blorbster wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:45 pm
daemon1 wrote:
Blorbster wrote:I'm getting a consistent crash when trying to extract the resource list:

Code: Select all

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
   at ?????????????????????????????????????????.?????????????????????????????????????????(String[] )
If it helps, this is using CUSA01021, the European release.
sorry forgot to say, remove PATCH.BIN, its not yet supported
I don't actually have a patch.bin in my dump. The full contents of packed_pink are as listed:

Code: Select all

initial.bin
initial_english.bin
initial_french.bin
initial_german.bin
initial_italian.bin
remainder.bin
remainder_english.bin
remainder_french.bin
remainder_german.bin
remainder_italian.bin
And outside of that directory the only .bin file is eboot.bin.
How to recover from this error?