Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and others)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Frostbite model tools (Battlefield, Battlefront and others)

Post by daemon1 »

Updated versions for Edge, Rivals & The Run to set parts to their places (wheels, spoilers etc)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AxelNoir
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by AxelNoir »

mono24 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:33 pm Most games, at least from what i have encountered have common/shared textures, and this is no different, you'll have to use the common/shared textures for eyes, inner mouth, etc and what ever else the game has.
You're not entirely wrong but if you look at some of the character renders and some of the in-game cutscenes, you can see the characters have different eye colors in respect to the actors' likenesses, I was wondering how they did that.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Assasinge wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:06 pm...you can see the characters have different eye colors in respect to the actors' likenesses, I was wondering how they did that.
I personally never found any of them, individually per character, that tells me its done by materials while using the common/shared assets.

Note:
For those of you that will wonder why the wheel parts are missing (right side) in The Run after proper placement.
Each car has its own body kit, and one set of wheel parts for front left and rear left, and it must be mirrored in your 3d editor and depending how you extracted the game, their located at:

main body kit: \bundles\_c4\vehicles\nfs or: \bundles\res\_c4\vehicles\nfs
other body kits: \bundles\_c4\blueprint\bodykitblueprints or: \bundles\res\_c4\blueprint\bodykitblueprints

Note2:
The wheel parts will have to be pushed slightly outward to fit each bodykit a car might have, yes the positions are all correct you just have to perform that extra step before mirroring them to the right side.
kiko150
ultra-n00b

Post by kiko150 »

daemon1 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:47 pm Battlefield 2042 tool.
Hey! I've tried to get the textures using the converter, but whenever I hit the "get DDS" button it just shows the number and it doesn't do anything else.
I also tried to look for the exact chunks that are shown in the converter and I couldn't find them, the only chunks I've found had a similar name.
Here is an example of the similar chunks:

01010000424F71FCCA19B1CF7AFCED6E - from the converter
424F71FCCA19B1CF7AFCED6E728901C3 - dumped chunk

I'm not really sure if it has something to do with this, because I tried to rename them and it didnt work... Any ideas what could be wrong?
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

NFS Heat.

The latest and most advanced game, with lots of cars and character combinations. All static models also supported.
Usage is almost same as 2042 tool, read it here - viewtopic.php?p=181685#p181685
Doesnt matter which oodle version the game uses, just take the one you have, and rename it to oo2core_8_win64.dll

1. Dump the game with TOC tool. If you also want patch, first dump patch with toc_heat_patch.exe, then main game with toc_heat.exe. This is because tool will NOT overwrite files, so patch first, then base game. Dont forget to change path in the .INI for "patch" or "data" folders.

2. Convert models with Fb_NFS_Heat.exe

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by daemon1 on Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keegan1999
ultra-n00b

Post by keegan1999 »

daemon1 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:47 pm Battlefield 2042 tool.
How i can convert BF2042 textures ?

Edit1: I tried to use Batch_Itexture_Converter_SWBF2 but it doesn't convert textures to dds
Info from converter
GUID = 01010000643F48F0873606537DBEED11 t_wep_rifle__m16a2_handguard_02_cs.Texture 2048 x 2048
GUID = 01010000BBD601879EBE6399CFB4AB9A t_wep_rifle__m16a2_handguard_02_cs_3p.Texture 512 x 512
Last edited by keegan1999 on Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dimka51Rus
n00b

Post by Dimka51Rus »

unpacked all vehicles from 2042
https://ibb.co/7Vsz7tV
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

NFS Heat tool updated.

Now dumper tools add metadata to resource names, so you can export meshes with inline geometry (not in external chunk, but in meshset itself)
daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Anthem dump/models tools

Usage is the same as NFS Heat, actually dump tool IS actually same tool, just renamed.

daemon1
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by daemon1 »

Now after all games covered, i decided to look into maps.
Here are some examples.

Payback:

The Run:

Anthem:

Naznarok
n00b

Post by Naznarok »

"Batch_Itexture_Converter_SWBF2.exe" Hello! Can this tool be updated to support Anthem textures? [roll]
Sharppy
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Sharppy »

A friend of mine made these tools to help dump textures. Haven't tested Anthem .textures but maybe it could work with that title aswell.

The tools rely on id-daemon's RawtexCmd and Microsoft's texconv, attempting to run the tool without those files present will cause errors. RawtexCmd can be downloaded from viewtopic.php?t=16461 and texconv can be found at https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex/releases. Make sure to place both RawtexCmd.exe and texconv.exe in the same folder as BF2042TexTool.exe and NFSHeatTexTool.exe before running them.

Credit revetix and id daemon :)

Last edited by Sharppy on Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Naznarok
n00b

Post by Naznarok »

Sharppy wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:27 pm Make sure to place both RawtexCmd.exe and texconv.exe in the same folder as BF2042TexTool.exe
Hello, thx! But can you give exact instructions on how to use those tools?
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

Sharppy wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:27 pm...Make sure to place both RawtexCmd.exe and texconv.exe in the same folder as BF2042TexTool.exe and NFSHeatTexTool.exe before running them...
What exactly is the secret behind this magic, having all assets next to textures, it crashes, running a batch it crashes, drag and drop it crashes, no matter what the error is always:
Capture.PNG
Wouldn't hurt to have actual info on how to use it.
Sharppy
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Sharppy »

You should just drop archive onto tool and it will process them if not maybe running a .bat tool for them ? and yes EBX and CHUNKS should be in 1 folder. I merged RES with EBX then just placed tool into main folder and it processed.