Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Need For Speed: The Run [.SB & .TOC]

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Need For Speed: The Run [.SB & .TOC]

Post by mono24 »

Andrei8398 wrote:can you make a tutorial on how to extract the files from PC/PS3 version of this game ? Or it's the same procedure as Xbox360 version? Thanks for your help !
Oh there are so many tutorials here in the forum that its not even funny, just requires you know, a little bit of patience to go trough the steps, and no it has nothing to do the xbox version tutorial, those steps where not the way to get the files out in a proper way.
Basically the key word to look for is Battlefield 3 because such as NFSTR is part of the Frostbite 2 engine and there's lots of tutorials on what to do with the game assets and if you look it up what ever was used for the Battlefield 3 game it works for NFSTR same way.
AxelNoir
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by AxelNoir »

How do you extract car models with this? There's no clearly written tutorial here.
nitoiviorel81
ultra-n00b

Post by nitoiviorel81 »

Hello!
Can anyone make these extracted files from chunck.sb from pc version to be playable?
Here is the link with all extracted files.
Please help.I want see quality of pc version soundtrack.
https://mega.nz/file/y2JGgZRC#4Ik_inWli ... M2w5YRNzXs
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

nitoiviorel81 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:26 pm...Can anyone make these extracted files from chunck.sb from pc version to be playable?...
Everything you need is right here: https://github.com/NicknineTheEagle/Frostbite-Scripts
First you dump the game, then use the ebxtoasset script to get the audios in playable form using foobar2000/vgmstream.
nitoiviorel81
ultra-n00b

Post by nitoiviorel81 »

Thanks but i am old now and i dont know how to use that codes.
Can you do this for me please?:)
eblansson
ultra-n00b

Post by eblansson »

Prolly dead thread, and the other one was about meshes, but I still wanted to ask if anyone would have a solution.

I'm trying to make broken dds textures of NFS:TR cars dumped with Nicknine's script work.

I've noticed a pattern (maybe) that the broken textures share: among the defined values inside the .dxTexture, the "First mipmap" at 27th byte has value of 1.
Other textures work ok and their first mipmap is 0.

I tried looking at the chunk using ifranview, xnview and daemon1's Raw texture cooker, but it really just looks like this, like a bunch of mipmaps mashed together. The header seems to be in order i think

(this is LAM_AVE_700_12_ENGINE, supposed to be DXT1. The name of the image is the name of the chunk, which is also c588ec3c-d94b-6da3-3488-b0fda4b25545.). I have a suspicion that the first, highest-res mipmap is just in a separate chunk from the others for some reason.

The funniest thing is that Axsis had managed to convert these textures 11 years ago, but they haven't been active since 2021.

Would be nice to hear any ideas on how to make this work ngl. Here's the chunk file, i can also send any other related file if needed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mono24
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by mono24 »

eblansson wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:22 pm...I'm trying to make broken dds textures of NFS:TR cars dumped with Nicknine's script work...
I'd suggest to open up a issue on his GitHub, who knows, maybe he'll get back to the script to finish it, its still broken in a way.
eblansson
ultra-n00b

Post by eblansson »

Well apparently the issue was that some textures are split by mipmaps between 2 chunks. The 2 chunks have the same name but are located in 2 different chunk folders (root/chunks and root/bundles/chunks). I'm not sure if it's a FB2 thing or just The Run's thing.

One chunk has the highest resolution mipmap, and the other chunk has the rest. You can simply append the smaller chunk to the bigger one and you'll have all the mipmaps.

So when you are merging dumped chunk folders, DO NOT replace the files with similar names, since they may have different texture data. Just leave both folders with chunks around.

The asset conversion script can be easily modified to get full texture data from both chunks. I made a modification for myself on a fork, but I'd rather wait for a commit from NicknineTheEagle.