Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Yretenai
veteran

Re: Cethleann - The Koei Swiss Army Knife

Post by Yretenai »

Cethleann now can also extract any LINKDATA pair (.IDX and .BIN file) by providing --idx and --bin values to Koei.DataExporter's arguments
i.e. for Dragon Quest Heroes you would call

Code: Select all

Koei.DataExporter.exe --idx LINKDATA --bin LINKDATA "InstallDir" "ExportDir"
Cethleann now can also extract RDB files from both Windows (Dead or Alive 6, Romance of the Three Kingdoms 14) and Switch (Persona 5 Scramble) using the new Softness.DataExporter.exe tool.

Code: Select all

Softness.DataExporter.exe -g Scramble ExportDir DirectoryWithRDBs
It's important to pass "-g GameId" when exporting RDBs as files have hashed filenames. Currently I only have a partial Dead or Alive 6 filelist (from rdbtool)
GDL
veteran

Post by GDL »

the unbundle with dissidia nt outputs some .wav files from the .sed files but the wav format is not playable with anyting I have, anyone know how to decode it or conver it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

GDL wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:28 am the unbundle with dissidia nt outputs some .wav files from the .sed files but the wav format is not playable with anyting I have, anyone know how to decode it or conver it?
The wav files are MSADPCM streams, VLC can play it, as can PotPlayer. However the tool can convert these to normal WAV files. Do not run the unbundler with --pcm if you want it converted to 16-bit PCM. The default is enabled so invoking that option will disable the functionality.

If all else fails, try vgmstream as that has support for SED files now.
GDL
veteran

Post by GDL »

Yretenai wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 pm
GDL wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:28 am the unbundle with dissidia nt outputs some .wav files from the .sed files but the wav format is not playable with anyting I have, anyone know how to decode it or conver it?
The wav files are MSADPCM streams, VLC can play it, as can PotPlayer. However the tool can convert these to normal WAV files. Do not run the unbundler with --pcm if you want it converted to 16-bit PCM. The default is enabled so invoking that option will disable the functionality.

Got it, thx :D

EDIT:

Ok, this was weird, if you try to play the previous example the voice is all jumbled, like if someone was speaking inside a metal pipe and all audio was being unbundled like that, even playing them from the sed file gave me just a bunch of weird voices in every media player.

I'm not sure what happened but I suspect it the culprit was overwriting previous versions of your tool, all I've been doing is getting the latest release and unzipping the new files over the old ones and then this started happening, after a fresh unzipping from the latest release to a new folder everything extracted fine. :?
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

GDL wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:15 pm
Yretenai wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 pm

Got it, thx :D

EDIT:

Ok, this was weird, if you try to play the previous example the voice is all jumbled, like if someone was speaking inside a metal pipe and all audio was being unbundled like that, even playing them from the sed file gave me just a bunch of weird voices in every media player.

I'm not sure what happened but I suspect it the culprit was overwriting previous versions of your tool, all I've been doing is getting the latest release and unzipping the new files over the old ones and then this started happening, after a fresh unzipping from the latest release to a new folder everything extracted fine. :?
does the sed file start with im_?
GDL
veteran

Post by GDL »

Yretenai wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 pm does the sed file start with im_?
Not sure, all I see is a bunch of wav files with numeric values but playing the im_ sed files seem to all sound like that
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

GDL wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:44 am
Not sure, all I see is a bunch of wav files with numeric values but playing the im_ sed files seem to all sound like that
sed files starting with im_ are "impostor" sound files, used by AI
the normal VOX starts with p_
GDL
veteran

Post by GDL »

Yretenai wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:00 am
GDL wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:44 am
sed files starting with im_ are "impostor" sound files, used by AI
the normal VOX starts with p_
D'oh! No wonder (:
Crazy31139
veteran

Post by Crazy31139 »

Sorry, i dont understand how i can extract Nioh using this tool
Please make little tutorial, thanx
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

Crazy31139 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:05 pm Sorry, i dont understand how i can extract Nioh using this tool
Please make little tutorial, thanx
No.
Besides, Nioh is broken rn.
Demonslayerx8
veteran

Post by Demonslayerx8 »

So I'm trying to extract the files from Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends, but doesn't seem to be working for me... even tho I put the right directory in. Don't ask how or why the date for those files say 12/12/1999, even I don't know xD

update:
got it to work, but with issues
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

demonslayerx8 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:22 am So I'm trying to extract the files from Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends, but doesn't seem to be working for me... even tho I put the right directory in. Don't ask how or why the date for those files say 12/12/1999, even I don't know xD

update:
DW8 has the same problem as DW9. IDK when I'll have those fixed.
Demonslayerx8
veteran

Post by Demonslayerx8 »

Yretenai wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:57 am
demonslayerx8 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:22 am So I'm trying to extract the files from Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends, but doesn't seem to be working for me... even tho I put the right directory in. Don't ask how or why the date for those files say 12/12/1999, even I don't know xD

update:
DW8 has the same problem as DW9. IDK when I'll have those fixed.
oh alright, no problem.

Update:
I can confirm that the Koei.DataExporter works fine with Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate [switch]
Yretenai
veteran

Post by Yretenai »

demonslayerx8 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:55 pm I can confirm that the Koei.DataExporter works fine with Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate [switch]

that's good to know.
einherjar007
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by einherjar007 »

Thanks for a awesome tool.

I asked a question because it was listed in the --game option. Is DOAXVV supported?