Important information: this site is currently scheduled to go offline indefinitely by end of the year.

Resident Evil 2 Remake - demo PAK file

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
georgesears
beginner

Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake - demo PAK file

Post by georgesears »

Question - is it possible to make noesis script auto-apply textures not from default folder, but from streaming/ path, which are HD textures?
Example Leon's body textures
natives\x64\sectionroot\character\player\pl0000\pl0000 - default quality
natives\x64\streaming\sectionroot\character\player\pl0000\pl0000 - high quality

P.S. natives\x64\sectionroot\environment\location\st7_factory\st7_2_orphanasylum\st7_202_0\st7_202_0_terrain_00ms.mesh-not all textures are applied, don't know the reason....

themimegogo
ultra-n00b

Post by themimegogo »

zaramot wrote:Here's "alpha" maxscript and Noesis plugin for RE2 R, if anyone want to test it out. Skinned meshes should work, static partially xD Don't have a lot of samples. It's for those of you who prefer using 3ds max instead of something else :)

In that case I will do some tests on different models, and release the modified program.[/quote]

zaramot, thanks for this. works like a charm
quick question - is there a script or a tool available that does the exact reverse of this script that you provided?

say I modified the mesh a bit, then would wand to export it out again as a working .mesh file (or as a pfb.16) that could be brought back into the game?
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

georgesears wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:57 pm Question - is it possible to make noesis script auto-apply textures not from default folder, but from streaming/ path, which are HD textures?
Example Leon's body textures
natives\x64\sectionroot\character\player\pl0000\pl0000 - default quality
natives\x64\streaming\sectionroot\character\player\pl0000\pl0000 - high quality

P.S. natives\x64\sectionroot\environment\location\st7_factory\st7_2_orphanasylum\st7_202_0\st7_202_0_terrain_00ms.mesh-not all textures are applied, don't know the reason....

[img/]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png[/img]
That's a beta/unfinished level with missing textures actually. The finished stage is in another folder.

Using higher quality textures is an easy fix, shame nobody told me about this before the script released but here it is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Click the thanks button if I helped!
georgesears
beginner

Post by georgesears »

Gh0stBlade wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:35 pm

That's a beta/unfinished level with missing textures actually. The finished stage is in another folder.

Using higher quality textures is an easy fix, shame nobody told me about this before the script released but here it is.
Thanks for quick fix, i'll keep both versions tho)
But what about prop placement? Is that possible to be parsed and exported with placement? There are files like _occ.mesh maybe coordinates and links to models are there?
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

georgesears wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:43 pm
Gh0stBlade wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:35 pm

Thanks for quick fix, i'll keep both versions tho)
But what about prop placement? Is that possible to be parsed and exported with placement? There are files like _occ.mesh maybe coordinates and links to models are there?

Prop placement is probably managed by an completely different script file (xml based i'd assume) the _occ.mesh does not contain prop placement. I don't know if modders found out which files control it but even if they did their xml based formats are complex and I currently don't have time to look at them.
abstrait
n00b

Post by abstrait »

@Gh0stBlade

Hello Ghost,
Is there any way to import the animations into 3dsmax by any chance ?
Thank you.
zaselim
ultra-n00b

Post by zaselim »

zaramot wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:05 pm Here's "alpha" maxscript and Noesis plugin for RE2 R, if anyone want to test it out. Skinned meshes should work, static partially xD Don't have a lot of samples. It's for those of you who prefer using 3ds max instead of something else :)
Hello how r you?
So how do i export the mesh file after editing it? I used your script and import the claire mesh file and then edited it a bit. Now how do i export the mesh file? or do i need to export it in other format like obj or fbx then convert it to mesh file?
Last edited by zaselim on Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade »

abstrait wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:23 pm @Gh0stBlade

Hello Ghost,
Is there any way to import the animations into 3dsmax by any chance ?
Thank you.
Nope, my script only handles the 3D models.
nemesis1919
ultra-n00b

Post by nemesis1919 »

Nemesisbg23 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:36 am
Gh0stBlade wrote:
Nemesisbg23 wrote: well i tried it and i get this error all the time on every model xD

Halp my friends also get this error xD
Download the latest version of Noesis.
AH i got it working but where are the textures xD

Hi get this error too, how did you get it to work? I'm using Noesis version 4.39. is that the latest version? if not then where can I get the latest version?
fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 »

[/quote]

Hi get this error too, how did you get it to work? I'm using Noesis version 4.39. is that the latest version? if not then where can I get the latest version?
[/quote]

the last is 4.395. you can update your version directly in noesis, clicking on Tools---> check for update
nemesis1919
ultra-n00b

Post by nemesis1919 »

Great, that worked... thanks.
unblockedsmashflash2
ultra-n00b

Post by unblockedsmashflash2 »

Oh! thanks bro It really helpful... :D :D :D
roachdaripper
ultra-n00b

Post by roachdaripper »

was trying to export a modded mr x model
Skemooo
ultra-n00b

Post by Skemooo »

I was able to render some ingame models in blender thanks to all you ppl here..
https://imgur.com/TEy1GT4

now as second i thought i would make a small edit to the models but i just realized the tools i have here are only for unpack and import.. not export and repack.. am i correct i did spend some time looking for anything available for blender.. so far al most all videos i watched used 3DS max 2014 version and tool provided by the malewae .. i have 0 exp in 3DS max but ill give it a try.. unless someone can point to any export adn repacking tools/scripts that work with blender?
DioBrando
ultra-n00b

Post by DioBrando »

Does anyone know how to extract the mcol.3017 files? I assume they are colliders for the environments.